• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dogtra 2500 T&B Reviews

orangestew

Looking to get a new training/beeper collar this year. Was wondering if anybody owns the Dogtra 2500. I have been looking at a few different collars and before I make the major purchase I thought I would come here to ask the experts for advice.

I love my dogtra 2000 t&b. The 2500 is a great choice but you can still get the 2000 and this is why I would. The 2000 has the beeper on one side of the collar and the electrodes on the other. On the 2500 they are one unit. 99% of the time after your dog has been running around the electrode part of the collar is on the bottom side of the neck of your dog. then on the 2500 the beeper is pointing towards the ground and you don't get the range like on the 2000 where when the electrode part of the collar is on the bottom of the dogs neck the beeper is pointing straight up. Some will say "well your dog shouldn't be that far away anyway. Well hunting in high winds you will be glad for it being that little bit extra loud. In my honest opinion these are the best collars on the market.

I was at G.F. looking at collars and was very impressed with the Dogtra brand. After I get off from work today I am going to go pick up the 2300NCP model. I dont need the beeper but what I do need is 3/4 mile and totaly waterproof. I have talked to a couple trainers that I have in mind and they both recommended this brand.

I have had my 2000 t&b for 5 yrs and love it. I also would rather not have the speaker on the stimulation unit where its at on the 2500. If you can get the 2000 that would be my choice. I saw a review of the 2500 and with any new product there has been some issues but im sure dogtra will get them ironed out and it will be as quality as the 2000 is. Adam