• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Night Fishing

Fishin Dan

From what I have learned... the majority would stick with black... and half of those majority would be brave enough to use pink instead of black, including me...

Main thing during night fishing would be the thumps/vibration, then profile comes in close second...

An advice... make sure ur lures comes back to the boat in a straight retrieve... seems to make it easier for the fish to zero onto ur lure...

More advice as well never forget to do at least one figure 8 or a big L boatside.

My first experience with night fishing i was out with Tim Anderson as a birthday present. We pulled up on a spot and on my first cast i reeled up, didn't 8 and did a very small L-turn at the boat. The second i pulled my lure out of the water SPLOOOSH big muskie chased it out of the water and missed my bait completely.

i had seen muskie beign catch on white, black, and chartueses so the color arent matter to me as long big profile n deep virbation r good.

i would say any bucktail at least size 8 blades, single or double. wld do any great.

again its just my opinions..........

Vibration and profile are keys. Yes, balck is often preferred as it makes a nice silhouette against the sky, but white can be just as effective.

Topwaters: AS RK says, they have a hard enough time hitting them in broad daylight.... Straight retrieve topwaters are a better option over the WTD presentation in my opinion. Slower lures like a Wobbler or an inline like a Pacemaker are good options under the right conditions.

bronze is dead on with the finishing move on every retrieve. Tough lesson learned, but I'm sure he finishes EVERY cast now!

Tipp: The Believer is underutilized in every aspect....sush up about that now!

I picked up the NutBuster with the glow bead and skirt - haven't caught a ski with it at night yet. I also bought one of the Stealth night fishing leaders and actually cut the glow bead off because even though it was good to be able to see where the lure is, the few nights I fished with it I didn't seem to have enough action. It may just be in my head but all my after dark action this year has not been when I had any glow in the dark stuff on the line. That said, I also keep a headlamp on quite a bit of the time and don't have enough personal experience to know if that is a good or bad thing. I'm guessing its pretty much like fishing in the daytime - put something in front of a hungry fish at the right time and all the extra varialbes may not matter so much...

good luck - erik

Originally Posted By: Fishin Dan
Thanks for the info guys. I figured big and lots of vibration would be the ticket. Gotta go stock up on some more lures next pay day. laugh

Whens payday?? I have a whole bunch ill sell you !

Well due to the fact that i backed my boat into the hood of my girlfriends car, probably not for awhile. What do you want to sell?