• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Welcome to the wonderful world of bicycling! There are many different kinds of racks to pick from. You can get the car top, the receiver hitch, or the strap on type. I went with the strap type because I don't have a hitch on my car and I wanted to be able to use it on my car or van. They're pretty simple to attach and as long as you tight the straps really tight they are very safe. I think I paid $50 for mine at Fleet Farm. You can spend as much or as little as you want. I have heard of people buying the cheaper hitch ones that they will break which would be very bad.

Good Luck with the rack and with the riding!!

I actually found a fork mount rack that spreads across the bed of my Honda Ridgeline. That has worked really well for me. Roof racks on anything taller than a car can be pain to load. Welcome to the world of cycling. Have fun with it.

I'm hitting the gym whenever I have time. I wanna do some cycling classes before spring too. I hurt my back though so it's kinda halted my gym going for a couple of days frown. I do have to get the bike in to get a tune up though. I still haven't gotten a bike rack :P. What about you?

I really have been way too lazy this winter. I have been so busy working, hunting, and now ice fishing that I have not had time to really work out and do much for my health... I really need to get at it. I have been looking around at these cycle trainers like a cyclops brand or something like that. Problem is that I really dont like the price for what you get. Just thought that I could at least get more use out of my new bike.

So what kind of bike do you ride? What brand? Do you ride quite a bit?

Thats really the pits that you only got one ride out of it so far since buying it... Will REI warranty the repair since it is still new yet??

I purchased a Specialized CrossRoads Elite later this summer and I absolutely love it. It rides so much nicer than a elcheapo model... The second day I owned it I rode a bike trail around Worthington AND the bike trail around Sioux Falls SD. In total probably around 30 miles. And I have not rode much for quite some time... I was really impressed...

So where do you usually ride. Are there trails close to your area?

There are quite a few parks up here this year I want to check out, and also one down by Cannon Falls. My bike has a one year warranty, so I'm hoping to get it in soon since the one year date in the of January.

Have you had much chance to ride bike before your new purchase? Im sure that your area has alot of beautiful scenery to appreciate during your rides... It's really neat to see that when you ride a trail things look so much different from the trail side rather than when you just drive by with the car...

So when the weather gets better will you have alot of time to check out these trails? I usualy more time on the weekends but this past fall I would take the bike (on my Cavalier mounted bike rack) to my work and then ride for 5 - 10 miles a day on the trail that we have around the town where I work...

I think that would be a great idea... I will be there for sure if it works out in the schedule. Where are you thinking about doing this. It really might not be a bad idea to start planning and start a thread to check out the interest.

If you want some help I would be more than happy to try helping with that too...

Let me know. If you want you can email me at [email protected]