• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I was wondering the same. I drove by there yesterday when I went to my grandparents house. It looked like a ROUGH day to be on the water. There were whitecaps on the little ponds, and the lakes looked aweful. My guess would be a good crankin bite.

I don't think it is a coincidence that the same guys finish near the top at these events. I believe that time on the water is a huge factor. These guys that always finish well are, and have in the past, put there time in on the water. The more you fish the more you are going to catch.

The other factor that sets these guys apart for the rest is there confidence. I watched the weigh-in, and to me in was amazing the difference in the attitudes. I didn't know most of the guys and only recognized a few by name, but it was obvious to me the guys that had the attitude of winners and the guys that were just happy to be there.

I strongly believe that the combination of time on the water and confidence in yourself is a recipe for success.

Just my 2 cents.

I will agree with that to an extent but i think we all have our own opinion on the Capras!!!! I'm glad YOU said this!! A big bank account will get you "spots" also

So where does a big bank account get me spots?

I hear this frequently I think it is nonsense. I suppose that is why KVD won angler fo the year too considering he is the biggest $$ winner in history this theroy must be how he does it too.

Nevermind the hours on the water these guys put in it must be the bank account thing. Well I guess I will put my fishing gear away and go make some $$ so I can win tourneys. Good Fishing!!!

Originally Posted By: champion198elite
I will agree with that to an extent but i think we all have our own opinion on the Capras!!!! I'm glad YOU said this!! A big bank account will get you "spots" also

So where does a big bank account get me spots?

I hear this frequently I think it is nonsense. I suppose that is why KVD won angler fo the year too considering he is the biggest $$ winner in history this theroy must be how he does it too.

Nevermind the hours on the water these guys put in it must be the bank account thing. Well I guess I will put my fishing gear away and go make some $$ so I can win tourneys. Good Fishing!!!

Thats not apples to apples, KVD and our local pro's....come on. I've seen it and watched it happen down here on the Miss. river.. If I've offended you My Bad! but certain people pay for spots. Is it wrong, some would say yes and others will say no, it a personal thing.

we finished 11th 29+lbs for 10 fish. i was just saying what i heard and they gave the spot to another team the second day and they pulled 13+lbs. not starting anything. congrats to them for finding something different on very pressured lakes. and congrats to the second place team for losing with 36+lbs of fish. that had to be hard.

You can have all the spots in the world you still have figure out how to get the big fish to bite and deal with weather/angling pressure/etc. I'm sure the boat rocks both ways too, you don't think everyone and their brother is keeping an eye on where those guys fish and 'borrow' those spots. Its boils down to skill, time on the water, and the circles you travel in for sharing information.