• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Taylor Swift?

mike morris

Current mainstream "country" hasn't been any good for a few years. Luckily there is XM and iTunes to find good country out there. Yes, good country music does exist yet, it just isn't recognized by corporate run radio stations.

Texas bands are where its at. Randy Rogers Band, Roger Creager, Aaron Watson, Stoney Larue, Kevin Fowler and many more. These bands have huge followings in the southern U.S. and are now starting to break into this market.

Randy Rogers Band are going to be playing two dates in the Mpls area the weekend of 9/5 and 9/6. They write and perform their own music and it blows away Rascal Flats and all the others. Their live shows are excellent to say the least. Check out their myspace page to hear what they do.

Wow......other Ragweed fans here in MN!!! How 'bout Reckless Kelly, Micky and the Motorcars, Wade Bowen,Mike McClure Band, etc....

Ragweed rocked when they were here in June! Great to see these bands head north from time to time.

I picked up the Back to Tulsa (live at Cain's) double CD a couple of years ago, but have been a closet CCR fan for a while. Good stuff. They also video recorded that concert and it has aired on HDNET many times and I think I've stopped to watch it every time!

Funny. I have that Cains' show saved on the Tivo. Have watched it over and over. You owe to yourself to catch the live sometime. If you like the CCR live stuff, you will no doubt like RRB live as well. They rock. I live 4 hours away from the cities, but will be coming down for both of the RRB shows in September.

I just started going back to the country chanel. I dont mind the new stuff, but Jessica simpson should just stay on the Dukes and not sing.

Some of the artists just have that same rhythm with different words and others are ok. It's a good thing they make presets on the radio.

Last time i listened to country, randy travis was on the top of the charts with george straight.

A friend told me there was a post on here about the Randy Rogers Band so I had to check this site out. Not too many know about good Texas music here in Minnesota! I have seen RRB live a couple times and they put on a great concert!!! Usually we have to travel to see them, but it is great to see they are going to be right here in the metro area for a change. Sooo.....me and my girlfriends are definitely planning on seeing them the weekend of Sept.5th!

Good to see some conversation here about Red Dirt Music/ Cross Canadian Ragweed and Randy Rogers Band.

Today the top downloaded country album on iTunes is Comal County Blue by Jason Boland and the Stragglers. Jason Boland and the Stragglers are unknown here but are out of the same Texas scene as Pat Green, Jack Ingram, CCR and Randy Rogers Band.

They are another great band that gets absolutely no radio play.....but yet have enough fans out there to get their new album that was released yesterday to number one. If you like real country with steel guitar and the traditional sounds over the "boy band" junk on the radio then this is a CD worth checking out.

Good country music is out there, just have to look a bit for it now.

I liked that song that CCR did a few years back with LeAnn Womack, they played it a bunch up here on the radio and even heard it a couple weeks ago... wink

Yep. That song was "Sick & Tired." Great song.

Anybody familiar with The Great Divide? They had their 15 minutes back in the mid-90's. Similar type of group and I believe they have some affiliation with the bands previously mentioned. Probably ran in the same circles. Haven't heard much of them lately though.

Wow......other Ragweed fans here in MN!!! How 'bout Reckless Kelly, Micky and the Motorcars, Wade Bowen,Mike McClure Band, etc....

Ragweed rocked when they were here in June! Great to see these bands head north from time to time.

I just noticed you mentioned the Mike McClure Band. I'd wager a guess it's the same Mike McClure that was the lead singer for The Great Divide. I just wiki'd the band and apparently he left in 2003 and the band broke up a few years after.

Yep.....that would be the Mike McClure that was with Great Divide. He is still putting out good music. He is involved in the TX music scene and also has done a couple of songs and co-wrote with Cody Canada of Cross Canadian Ragweed