• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Last night

UdeLakeTom

Last nite I watched a young man catch a 7 lb channel on Silver lake in NSP using raw chicken parts. I didn't have any luck. The night before he caught one that was bigger. Seems the DNR dumped a truck load of cats in that lake.

They were fishing on the pier by the picnic area about 25 ft off the pier using bottom rigs. The park is open until about 10:30 as long as it doesn't get rowdy or too much alcohol involved. The one guy says they start about 8 pm.

They were fishing on the pier by the picnic area about 25 ft off the pier using bottom rigs. The park is open until about 10:30 as long as it doesn't get rowdy or too much alcohol involved. The one guy says they start about 8 pm.

Oh, I'm not too worried about the rowdieness of it, I can handle that and if they disrupt my fishing well that's a whole nother level or p' off

I hadn't fished there for years, but my wife works at Jethros on Thurs nites and I decided to try there while waiting for her. I was the only one for a while until a couple of younger fellows showed up and started talking about the cats.

They were really nice guys. I guess I'll give it a try again next Thursday. The wind was too strong at Vadnais, so I didn't want to go over there.

Last nite I watched a young man catch a 7 lb channel on Silver lake in NSP using raw chicken parts. I didn't have any luck. The night before he caught one that was bigger. Seems the DNR dumped a truck load of cats in that lake.

I was looking on the DNR HSOforum and there's a section about lakes in the minneapolis area stocked with channel cats. I think that's wonderful, gives kids a chance to catch something a little heftier than sunfish close to home.

So did you get any more hits after I left??? Good seeing ya again after all these years.

Heck no.....Skunked, I dont think theres too many Cats in that lake, I think it LUCK to catch one.

It sure is a small world isnt it! I will tell my Mon we rant into each other I bet she'll be suprised! If that kid of yours ever moves back in town it would be fun to hang out with him again! Good seeing you Tom! Take care!

-Dave