Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UdeLakeTom

Last night

13 posts in this topic

Last nite I watched a young man catch a 7 lb channel on Silver lake in NSP using raw chicken parts. I didn't have any luck. The night before he caught one that was bigger. Seems the DNR dumped a truck load of cats in that lake.

do you need a boat to find them or can you find them from the shoreline?

They were fishing on the pier by the picnic area about 25 ft off the pier using bottom rigs. The park is open until about 10:30 as long as it doesn't get rowdy or too much alcohol involved. The one guy says they start about 8 pm.

I've fished it for bass and pike, don't get much, but it's a quite lake when I have boat issues I wanna try out. Have seen a couple of cats floating in there but never caught any.

They were fishing on the pier by the picnic area about 25 ft off the pier using bottom rigs. The park is open until about 10:30 as long as it doesn't get rowdy or too much alcohol involved. The one guy says they start about 8 pm.

Oh, I'm not too worried about the rowdieness of it, I can handle that and if they disrupt my fishing well that's a whole nother level or p' off

I hadn't fished there for years, but my wife works at Jethros on Thurs nites and I decided to try there while waiting for her. I was the only one for a while until a couple of younger fellows showed up and started talking about the cats.

They were really nice guys. I guess I'll give it a try again next Thursday. The wind was too strong at Vadnais, so I didn't want to go over there.

Last nite I watched a young man catch a 7 lb channel on Silver lake in NSP using raw chicken parts. I didn't have any luck. The night before he caught one that was bigger. Seems the DNR dumped a truck load of cats in that lake.

I was looking on the DNR HSOforum and there's a section about lakes in the minneapolis area stocked with channel cats. I think that's wonderful, gives kids a chance to catch something a little heftier than sunfish close to home.

That is what one of the fellows did. He bikes from real close. I just hope I didn't mess things up for those guys and now the lake will be overloaded with people. It is a small lake.

So a person can take catfish out of that lake?

It's been too long since I've fish there as a kid.

When I was a kid, you couldn't even fish in that lake...I think there were only bullies.

So did you get any more hits after I left??? Good seeing ya again after all these years.

So did you get any more hits after I left??? Good seeing ya again after all these years.

Heck no.....Skunked, I dont think theres too many Cats in that lake, I think it LUCK to catch one.

It sure is a small world isnt it! I will tell my Mon we rant into each other I bet she'll be suprised! If that kid of yours ever moves back in town it would be fun to hang out with him again! Good seeing you Tom! Take care!

-Dave