Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
finnbay

First Canoe trip shots

19 posts in this topic

I've got just a little time to go through my shots of my canoe trip, so picked just a couple for now. Hope to have some more later:

Birdseye grain from a dried stump next to my tent site on Cap Lake, Canon 40D 100-400 mm used as a macro:

KR1.jpg

One of my party, Vince, checking the map on Thomas Lake:

KR2.jpg

and this one's for polarsus81 who was "disappointed" that I didn't have one of these on the last trip pix I took:

KR3.jpg

"Watching the Fire" Kawishiwi River, one portage south of Kivinivi Lake:

KR5.jpg

Very cool. I picked the wrong time to look at these. It's about supper time and those fish look great. I have to clean the slobber off my monitor now.

Thanks for the fish fry pic. Looks tasty. Looks like a very fun trip out there. Wont be long before my first BWCA trip. Just picked up a canoe yesterday.

Looks like you had a great trip.I have to second them fish in the pan they look yummy.I like the looks of the last picture no better way to finish off the day sitting around the fire enjoying a cold one with the buddys. Thanks for sharing.

Neat stuff, Ken, as I'd expect! grin

Tom, you should hook up with Ken if you need some advice on the trip. I mean, it's not like he's a BWCAW veteran or anything. I think he's only been going in there for more than 40 years. gringringrin

Great shots Ken! I have been talking with some of my friends from Duluth about planning our annual fall BWCA trip this fall. I certainly love canoe country. Wonderful job capturing some what makes canoe country great.

WOW! Great pictures!!!! I'd love to choose a favorite but I can't!!

Thanks all! Just a couple more from the trip:

Tricolor:

KR35.jpg

Anyone looking for someone to carry their canoe? This was Katy from our trip:

KR32.jpg

Michael was in the water many times a day:

KR24.jpg

Great pics. I love the diving off the rock, you got a great action shot there.

All great images Ken!....Looks like everyone had a great time .....that shorelunch pic sure does it for me!

Ken, that image of the three different colored water lily pads is excellent!

Is that the actual colors, of the lily pads? That is really cool. However, that shore lunch sure looks delectable. I haven't had a fresh meal of fish yet this year. frown

Mike,

Yep, those were the colors. I saturated a tad, but that's pretty close to what they were. I was sitting having lunch and they caught my attention.

Those lily pads are great Ken, along with the rest of them. Nice work, looks like a lot of fun.

Top notch and they tell a great story.

Very good pics. I need to plan a trip up there this fall.

Awesome! I like stories like that! Thanks for sharing.