Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looking back on flats (many pics)

4 posts in this topic

Getting ready to head out tonight, and the possibility of storms, is getting me excited. The last time I was out flattin' in storms it was good. But that got me thinking about just how many flatheads we have caught this year, just thought I would compile a bunch of fish in one spot for comparison.

First fish of the year, a nice 13lber.

Followed shortly by this 16lber.

Another 16lber

The capper of the night for me, 21lbs.

Also witnessed this dandy 28lber.

After a little while we (Tyler and I) finally made it out together. This time Tyler was the lucky one.

Even caught this on a bullie, 26" long.

I finally got some of my own, with this 29 lber.

Another trip later, this smaller guy showed up.

Not to be outdone, I managed one even smaller!

Mr. Valek making his intro this year with this fish.

Tyler with another "monster"! This trip was plagued by small fish!

Made it out with DT to the 'sippi once.

In the dead middle of the spawn we decided it would be a wise idea to try it again, well this fish graced us with it's presence with in 5 minutes of setting up.

Then, a bunch of small ones again.

Eric A. gets his start to the year a little later than us, but he makes up for it later!

Then the big mama finally that we had all been fishing for!

And cap the night off with this,

Our last time out it was sloooooow, two fish. This 18lber.

And this 5lber.

Hope you all enjoy these pics! It just gets me fired up to think that last year we had barely even broke into the first fish of the year yet! And now this year we have all that behind us. Keep in mind, not one fish is duplicated in the pics above, all are different.

Nice fish. I really gotta try cattin' more. Only made it out for the get together this year and it was fun. Would love to hit those bad boys like that though.