Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Canon 430 EX Flash questions

Anyone use the 430 flash? I bought one and am extremly disapointed in the severe recycle time of the flash recovery. IS that normal or is mine defective.

Paul, at full flash strength, it takes my 430EX less than three seconds to recharge when batteries are a top charge.

In practice, since I rarely use it at full strength it takes only a second.

With the flash off the camera set your 430EX on manual mode and make sure it's at full power (1/1 shows after the M), wait for it to fully charge and then fire off one flash by pressing the lit pilot button on the back of the flash, then time it to see how long it takes to recharge.

If it takes longer than three seconds, you either have poor charge on the batteries or there's some defect with the flash.

Thanks for the input Steve. I found the problem. out of the 4 brand new out of the package batteries, one was shorted out, It was only putting out .13 volts instead of the 1.5 they were supposed to. Got my new rechargables in and works like a champ now. Ticked me off yesterday when I was on a shoot for a paying client and the darn thing did not work well. Was also ticked at the company I ordered it from because I paid extra to have it here in my hands a day b4 my shoot only to have the company tell me that even though I ordered it on Friday Afternoon and paid for 3 day shipping that Thursday would be 3 days. I knew I was to late to have it shipped out on Friday but figured it would be out monday with no problems and 3 days being wensday would have given me plenty of time to paly with it. Oh well most of my shots turned out fine with out the flash. the others will just need some creative PS work.

Although birds aren't paying clients, I never go anywhere without an extra set of batteries. The extra set doesn't have to be rechargeables, just a 4 pack of alkalines can save the day.

I'm big on redundancy, too. I have three sets of four rechargeable AA batteries, and when going into something like a wedding I have a couple more sets of regular alkaline batteries.

Glad it worked out for you this time, Paul.