• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing Minnesota Salary Cap League

Scott M

Greetings all.

Here is the sign up information

League name: FishingMinnesota

Id#1614

password:wehavemorefun

Please read the league rules when you sign up if you haven't played before. Rosters must be completely filled out to receive points. QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,TE,DEF,K make up the scoring. Scoring and salary details can be found when you sign up.

This is a free league available to anyone. Nothing is on the line other than pride. Winner can put 2008 Fishing Minnesota Salary Cap Fantasy Football Champion in their signature line. Lastly, I encourage the same type of information sharing as last year. My plan is to post weekly picks for the week and possible sleepers on this thread. I will probably announce my roster before each week so it won't be any secret you have to wait until game day for. The idea is to play in this league for fun (We have more fun!) and win your other cash leagues with what you learn from others or observe.

Good luck and sign up before September 4!

Props to the guys that scored big with Rivers, Barber, Parker, or McNabb.

Should be a heckuva season. Don't forget to get your picks in before Sunday. The only time some guys are cheaper was last week, so spend carefully!!!

Kinda nervous with Peterson's sore hammy. Right now Lynch is very attractive, and his team has a great schedule for the rest of the season.

I made a couple changes to free up some cap room. Hated to get rid of Jackson, cause I think Philly has a nice offense and he needs a makeup game for last week's flub (and he's cheap). Also hated to ditch Shockey, cause he might go off with Colston out, but I needed to open up some salary.

I'm hoping to squeak out Brees through Colston's injury, but I have my eye on Rodgers. Weak division and if can keep up with Dallas he'll be okay. Brees I think has more value to the end of the year. Had a great first weak and poor second week.

34 point separate the top 5 of 10 teams. Very competitive group, which is good to see. This is the first week of BYEs (unless you want to count the Hurrican-forced BYE in Houston), so it will be interested to see who elects to keep the value through the BYE or sell a fast riser to get the points.

Starting to wonder if I should have swapped AD and Lynch. I bet he'll have another 2 TD week. But you can never count out Peterson. When he's getting his full workload he will be primed for a 200 yd, 2/3 TD day. Think I'll nurse Cal Johnson through the BYE as I think he's ready for a 8-10 TD year.

I'm debating on selling Peterson also. But just when I'm ready to click the button to make a sale, I always remember that he could easily go off for 200 yards and 2 TD's any week.

Can you really say that about any other back right now?

Well, I stayed the course, thousand points of light, won the league going away. Michael Turner, Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson, and Calvin Johnson were guys that I figured would have good years and were relatively inexpensive. Overall my philosophy is changing...you can't pick the hot guy each week without stumbling a few times, so you're better off sticking with a guy the whole year. I made that mistake last year when I figured Wes Welker would get 8 TDs and 1000 yards. Well, after week 5 he had only 1 TD, so I cut him. Well, he got to his numbers, I just wasn't patient...and it cost me first place. I settled for runner up. Points are cumulative, so you have to take your licks. You won't be high score every week, but you'll be consistent. I think I was high score 3 or 4 times, but I consistently performed well.

I don't know if I'll do a FM league next year. I liked it better when we shared our perspectives going through the weeks, who we thought was primed for a big week, who was cheap but would break out for a week, rookies, new kickers, etc. Since you can only have one Y! team, we had to wear poker faces and hide our hands. With the way the economy is, I'm glad I won my money salcap league this year...I think I'll have a few new reels on my Christmas rods!