• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

early doe season during second weekend of duck season

I'm surprised there isn't a topic about this yet. Let me say I love deer hunting, but duck hunting is my favorite. I hunt ducks and deer in zone 178. first 2 weeks are the best duck hunting of the year here. Now I have to worry about my dogs during duck hunting because there will be a deer hunters running around trying to shoot the first thing they see as it is a 2 day season. Personally I am not happy about this as it is the time of the year to have your dogs in the woods hunting.

I would worry more that your dogs are barking, and the ducks will not decoy into your spread. Personally, dogs barking, human noise, atv, are all part of hunting, and you really can't do much about it. When I bow or rifle deer hunt, I try to stay away from people as much as possible, but sometimes noise can get the deer moving, and bring them into my area, if I have a good stand location.