• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bought my first canoe today...

So I have been looking for some time now for a deal on a used starter canoe. I found what I was looking for today in the form of a Coleman Ram-X 15. It is a bit older, but has only been used twice since it was purchased. No scratches, marks or anything. It was in pristine condition. I picked it up for 75 bucks with pads for the roof of the car and the straps to keep it there. The guy also threw in two aluminum and plastic paddles for me.

It isn't light weight, but it will work well for what I have planned for it. Main uses will be floating the 'Sippi in the Monti area and the Rum from St. Francis to Anoka. I will probably take it up to my grandma's cabin a few times as well, small little panfish lake. One thing I like about it is the high gunnels on it. My little boy will be more prone to staying in with them up high like that. Can't wait to put it in the water.

Congrats! Canoes are awesome. I'm in the market for a new one as mine has been paddled down over 3,000 miles of river and is held together with duct tape and kevlar patching. Gets heavier every time i use it...

Nice score polarus, I paid more for a paddle last fall than your whole setup. That RamX will be able to take the abuse those rivers give it and come back for more. I use to fish out of a square sterned Ramx, it was nice and stable, in fact two of us were able to stand in it at the same time and do some fishing. You and your little boy will enjoy spending some time in it together, congrats.

Nice grab Tom. I also have a Ram-x15. Its my river boat. I've also got the kevlar souris river canoe, but I still keep that RamX around for when I paddle Minnehaha Creek, the sippi or the rum. I don't have to worry about banging against things. Mines a 1995 and its still in great shape.