• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Official Twins Road trip Game Thread.

PierBridge

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game tonight! Great pitching, lets hope it keeps up. Still a young team, hopefully they don't get too full of themselves. Don't forget the year, I think 06, they busted their hinders, won the division and it was all anti climatic after that. Releasing Hernandez and all of the experience, could hurt with the young staff. But all and all its going to be a ride, go Twins.

Couldn't agree more Sledneck! Fun game tonight---Twins need to pull one more out of the Angels. Chisox are in for a tough weekend. Back in 1st--let's see how long it lasts this time.

"Cuddy is not durable enough to play a full season anymore. The injuries are adding up."

Sled, I take it with your thoughts on injuries that, if you are a Vikings "fan", you wuld have released Robert Smith long before he could do anything for the Vikings. He was drafted by the Vikings in 1993 and had several injury plagued seasons before he piled up 1266 yards in 1997 and led the NFC in 2000 with over 1500 yards.

If you had been a Red Sox "fan", you'd have cut some young pitcher loose because he had injury problems early on? A guy who had potential to have a good career? To my recollections, Roger Clemens turned out to be pretty good.

Patience, my friend. You have to look at long term outlooks, especially in baseball where the sport is a marathon, not a sprint.

Oh, and maybe you're so cranky aobut the Twins is because you are up at 1:00am posting when you should be getting some sleep.

gringrin

"Cuddy is not durable enough to play a full season anymore. The injuries are adding up."

Sled, I take it with your thoughts on injuries that, if you are a Vikings "fan", you wuld have released Robert Smith long before he could do anything for the Vikings. He was drafted by the Vikings in 1993 and had several injury plagued seasons before he piled up 1266 yards in 1997 and led the NFC in 2000 with over 1500 yards.

If you had been a Red Sox "fan", you'd have cut some young pitcher loose because he had injury problems early on? A guy who had potential to have a good career? To my recollections, Roger Clemens turned out to be pretty good.

Patience, my friend. You have to look at long term outlooks, especially in baseball where the sport is a marathon, not a sprint.

Oh, and maybe you're so cranky aobut the Twins is because you are up at 1:00am posting when you should be getting some sleep.

gringrin

You make those points but there are a 1000 more people who you could say were a mistake to sign because their careers were derailed by injury.

Im up late cause I worked afternoon shift and then I had to go out and pick a few dozen crawlers so that I can load up on walleyes again at Rainy Lake this weekend.

Span for MVP.

I officially make Gomez tradebait for the offseason. It's pretty obvious that he's not coachable.

Why is it obvious that he is not coachable? Teaching patience at the plate is not as easy as it looks. It is usually referred to as one of the hardest things for young players to grasp and one of teh hardest things to coach.

You don't trade a 22 year old kid with his kind of talent after he has played about one full season in the majors. He is excellent in the field, and I will admitt poor at the plate. I think he will be good, but we need to give him some time.

What or who are you wanting to trade him for? I sure am not gonna give the kid up for a setup man or some old DH. I also don't think you would see teams lining up to give up significant talent for him. He is here to stay.

Young, Span, Gomez. Get used to them. They will all be Twins for quite some time.

PS Great series so far by the Twins.

Pitching has been excellent. Maybe the Angels aren't all they are cracked up to be. The division they play in is the worst in baseball.

I agree with you about Denard Span. He has been great. In the leadoff spot he kinda reminds me of another rookie that lead off and had a great year right out of the shoot.

Course that guy was none other than the battery catcher Chucky Knob. We all know what happened his rookie year too. smile

On the lighter side... Anybody catch Everett's jersey early in Friday night's game?

minnestoa_jersey.jpg

He changed it before his AB in the 5th and promptly contributed a single, an RBI, and two runs scored.

GO TWNIS!!

More than a pitching letdown.

#1. Two costly errors by Bucsher allowed a big inning by the Angels.

#2. How does Gomez miss Vlad's ball? He makes the catch and we might be a game and a half in front.

#3. Why pinch hit Mike Lame for Gomez in the 9th with the game on the line when Gomez, who has speed on the pads, reached base 3 times and was 2 for 2 in the game? I thought Gardy was all about giving players an opportunity to redeem themselves after screwing up. Stupid stupid move!

Its great what the Twins have done this year so far and like their chances to get to the playoffs, but they are going to have to really pay attention to those little things in order to win critical games. That's the difference between a good team and a great team. Their chances to advance in a playoff situation drastically decreases when they make poor decisions and miss plays they ought to make.

Yeah yeah I know, they are a young team and they are going to make mistakes....

Personally, giving someone a chance to redeem themselves shouldn't come at a cost to the team's chance to win, but that said, Mike Lamb isn't a huge improvement, he is more patient at the plate though and has been in that situation more often.

well, I think most of us would have went into this series saying we'd be glad to get a split so guess we shouldn't complain too much. Our starters pitched decent enough that the bp wasn't worked too much. Wish we could have gotten one more inning out of Slowey today so that we didn't have to have a Crain sighting but oh well; hopefully that means he won't be used in the bp for a couple games now.

So how did the umpires justify overruling Kubels homerun in the 8th today? Mike Scioscia comes running out and complains and then they overrule it. What did they see that they didn't see during the play? Jumbo-tron? Are they really allowed to do that? Oops, sorry Mike. I guess it wasn't a home run.