• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Redeem team vs Dream Team (92)

pinkfloyd4ever

That was my thoughts exactly, I think that was the end of the NBA at its peak with that generation of players. I'd give credit to this team/era of players, I am sure they are overall better pure athletes wheter due to supplements etc, but that team was the definition of a team. I remember watching one of the qualifiers or something, and Bird had basically sat out the entire game due to his back and the crowd chanting LARRY LARRY, and Magic came and grabbed him and pulled him to the scorers table. Better players better personalities. Gotta love Barkley telling Angola or whoever was whining about NBA players to "take their A** whoopin and go home"

Teams are trying to beat the Redeem team. The dream team, other teams were just glad to be playing them. Other players wanted their pictures taken with the Dream team to show their families because they knew the race was for the silver. No teams even tried to beat the Dream team. Dream team 110- Redeem team 70. They would teach these pups a little about defense!

Dream Team all the way...Jordan-Bird-Magic-Barkley-Ewing-Stockton-Malone-Laetner-Drexler-Pippen-Mullin-Robinson......they would eat-up the Redeem team........just look at the names and all but one is a sure bet hall of famer....plus the big men (Robinson/Ewing) they have would just whoop the redeem teams bigs(Howard/Bosh).....forwards would go to Dream Team (Barkley-Pippen-Bird-Malone-Laetner) and the guards tuff call edged by the greatest b-ball players to ever play (Jordan-Magic-Stockton-Drexler)....on paper there is no debate

I think it would a lot closer then you think Bird, Magic and others were past their prime in 92.

And to be honest the competition wasn't all that great back then as a matter of fact If you replaced Carmelo Anthony with Garnett I'd take 08!

Im sorry but the athletes these days are so much better physicaly that this Olympic Team would win. Even if the Dream Team had Jordan.

I do agree that this team has half the class and heart and 20 times the money.

some were definatly getting towards the end but still Robinson and Ewing would eat up the redeem bigs then you have Jordan still at his prime and Pippen both great defenders by the way with Stockton and Malone still going strong at that point and a young kid named Christian Laetner with alot of potential......tough call but I still go with Dream Team

I agree, both teams playing FIBA rules...There is more athleticism and power in the redeem team but the bigs on the dream team would rule...Better shooters for the Dream Team. Would be a heckuva matchup though!

put the dream team in this olympics wld they win by 50-60 points like they did back in 92? now if redeem played in 1992 they probably wld win by 50-60 points. the foreign players r gettin better due to fiba, european leagues and spreadin of basketball all over world.. if dream team '92 r playin in decades of 00s i know they wld lost a or 2 game to other foriegns team. if i had to pick the matchup between redeem and dream team i wld sa either as both are good team and represent the USA that all i care about.

I don't know that the Dream team would lose in todays game if they were at the same ages/ability.......think about it they have Jordan a guy that led his team to a season with like 10 loses in an entire NBA season.......I think they would still roll through the Olympics......and I agree that the Redeem team put in the 92 tourny and they probably would have whooped up on most of the comp except they might have had a tough time with Croatia with Drazen Petrovic and Toni Kucok........fun to debate.......

maybe not lose any game but close games than back in 1992. at least they won the gold. hopefully usa dominates the game tomorrow against pau gasol and spaniards...

i had a thought what if olympics allowed pro to play in olympics back in 60s-80s. that wld be awesome to see bill russell, wilt chamberlin, kareem, oscar, and petey and many more greatest player to play in oly .

i think top to bottom, the 'redeem team' is far superior. and i am a hug bird fan. bird, mullin, and magic were on the downside, and laettner? howard is a stud down low and would run circles around ewing. robinson might be a nice match up though. kobe and micheal would cancel eachother out pretty well. paul over stockton, pippen's d verses wades o is a good match. i still think the second unit is where the new guys get the win.

ty the way, did you see what how much of a punk mello made himself to be against argentina? i never liked that guy.

I can see the arguments on the redeem team being better, but I steel fell that the original is still the best. Plus it wasn't chalked full of "thugs" like today's NBA. They all think they are still gang bangers or in the ghetto and it really cheeses me off on it. I loved watching the NBA, used to watch all I could no matter what team and now, I just watch the Wolves and even then not all of it. Just can't stand how they all carry on anymore.

one thing about the dream team was there age. in 92, bird, magic, mullin, nique, and ewing were all getting old. the redeemers really only have kidd significantly over 30. while i agree that the old guys would have out classed this years team, i really don't think it would be much of a game.

Nique wasn't even on the team......mullin still was a decent shooter and didn't Ewing go to the finals around this time?? Magic was still solid as he was just diagnosed (remember the all-star game) and could still ball.....Bird didn't play much cause his back......the young guys would have their hands full with the Dream Team!!

oh and the ages at the time of the 92 Olympics

Barkley-29

Bird-35

Drexler-30

Ewing-30

Magic-32

Jordan-29

Laetner-22

Malone-29

Mullin-29

Pippen-26

Robinson-27

Stockton-30.........this team was in their prime!!!

when a guy looks at the 92 team compared to 08,,, not even close. Dream Team of 92 is above and beyond the talent 08 has, not even close. Howard would dominate?? Come on,, your talking two hall of famers,,, Hakeem and Ewing, plus Barkley. Jordan and Ervin are in my list of top 5 players of all time. Bird and Malone are close. You have a 3 point shooter who is one of the best ever in the NBA,,, Mullin. Stockton,The-Glide,and Pippen??? No way does 08 even hold a candle to the DREAM TEAM.... If they played 10 times,,, 9-1 DREAM TEAM.

How about if you took the Redeem team and swapped out a few bigs? Maybe add KG and Duncan to the mix?

It would be interesting to see the two play. The Dream team would be better shooters and team players, but the Redeem team has superior athletes.