• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good idea to pre buy propane this year?

HOGEYE

Those are good prices and absolutely YES you should prebuy but it might be too late. I prebuy every year as well. $2.35, up .79 cents from last year We combine my tank and the neighbor's 3 tanks. Bulk rate and pay on the spot. Writing a $10,000 check is weird.

Just an FYI, around twelve years ago I prepaid at .65 a gallon.

Those are good prices and absolutely YES you should prebuy but it might be too late. I prebuy every year as well. $2.35, up .79 cents from last year We combine my tank and the neighbor's 3 tanks. Bulk rate and pay on the spot. Writing a $10,000 check is weird.

Just an FYI, around twelve years ago I prepaid at .65 a gallon.

10K? Wow, you need to insulate your house! Even if that amount includes your neighbor! eek

We did not pre-buy this year frown I have every year, to price protect myself. The reason we did not pre-buy? 200 Gal minimum x $2.52= $500 Bucks

I just dont have $500 laying around, so I will be rolloin' the dice this winter.

All my money went into boat fuel cry

This is ridiculus mad

when I bought my cabin in 01 propane was $.089 per Gal

If you pre-buy and the price goes down, most companies will credit you the surplus. Prices are going down right wink

"We combine my tank and the neighbor's 3 tanks"

The 10 grand was the total for 3 homes and 1 Studio.

I'm heating 2100 sq ft with a propane 60,000 btu 90+ forced air furnace. That'll take around 1000 gallons. Couldn't do that if I wasn't insulated good. cool

I installed the unit myself along with all the duct work at a tune of $800. If I compare that to fuel oil or electric the unit paid for itself the first year. If and when I need a new heating system I'll be looking into alternatives.

Yeah I was really torqed when I found out my neighbor got his propane out of Roseau for 2.18 and I got laid down in Baudette for 2.52 mad why does it vary so much from gas suppliers. I also found out it is cheaper if you own your tank. I lease mine. Anybody know what a 500 gal tank costs?

Wow!!! You guys up north are paying dearly. I sent my deposit in here yesterday (in Ioway) to lock in 1400 gallons at $2.15/gallon and I thought that was a great pleanty. Seems like about 5 yers ago we were at 90 cents.

My parents have a manufactured home on the back 5 acres of my property.

This fall they're switching over to natural gas. It'll cost $1100 (unless they can get a deal because of being 70), but at $2.49 / gallon they were paying, they figure within 18-24 months they'll save that much.

That $2.49 was a pre-pay, contract rate.