• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

wanting to hunt public land

I was wondering if somebody could help me out. I would like to come down to missouri this fall and bow hunt for deer. just wondering if somebody could give me a direction or county that would be a good place to start.. This will be a do-it yourself hunt. I would prefer northern areas.thank you much..

Look around Mark Twain Lake. It's a corps lake so you can hunt around it, just be sure you know where the state parks are though! There are alot of deer killed up there! Drop me an email at bareman at mail dot com. I'll send you a link that shows some of the fish and game that is taken in the area.

Might check out the mdc.mo.gov The conservation department has maps of public hunting areas.

The conservation site has got all the information you will need. As far as the northern areas check out Deer Ridge and Rebel Cove. There is all kinds of land that you can hunt. Some of the areas along the Mississippi River are closed due to the flood.