Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DTro

I guess Catfish will eat Slim Fast too

11 posts in this topic

This Cat was 29" long!

Guess what the girth was.

011-1.jpg

012-2.jpg

Wow that's a skinny one! It's even uglier in the pic than I had imagined him being!

That is one sickly look’in channel. I have thrown bigger back with out a picture, but on a Moore’s/Shootout night anything could count.

10"

Did you stuff him full of cut bait before releasing him?

Oh my Lord... skin and bones! Seen a few like that over the years but nothing quite that skinny.

Man I almsot feel sorry for that thing! Couldn't have been more than 12" girth?

I have pulled out alot of bullheads this summer looking like that! Could it be a disease?

Probably not a disease. Looks like my bullies that escape me in the tank all summer till I empty it in the fall. Guessing it is a male that took his parental duties to the extreme.

That one was in really tough shape. He had a very deep gash, (down past the bone) right in the center of the scull,

Very pronounced bone scull bone plate, It looked like an old fish. We almost forced some bait down it before we let it go.

Maybe it was stuck in some backwater, cut off from the main river and then when spring high water finally came back it snuck back out into the main river...now it's all skinny.