• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lets get to the POINT!

TonkaBass

Loomis crankbait rod... $200

Seagaur flouro... $15

DT-16... $7

Watching your buddys face after a pike drives a treble into your leg... Priceless!

026_0A.jpg

The pike got off by straightening out the hooks. All laughing aside, it's no fun pulling trebels out.

Yowzers. Holy shizz batman. That had to hurt like a mother.

Put a couple new hooks on and cast that sucker back out though. It has been my hot color this year, love the bluegill DT's.

I have only had one hook in my life go in past the barb, in the finger so I cut and pushed it out the rest of the way. It looks like that would have taken a bit more finesse to remove. Dr. office or Needlenose and a shot of whiskey?

You gotta love those pike!

That's how my index finger became one with the treble hook on a rattle trap. The slimey bugger slipped right through my hand as I was trying to get the hooks out. The fish got off but the hooks remained.

I did get to hear some good fish hook stories from doctor when I go the hook taken out.

Was there a doctor visit required after that run in with the pike?

Like he said he pulled out the hook by him self it sounds like.

I hooked myself for the first time this year. its not the hook that sticks its the barb on the hook. I took a knife cut some skin to get the barb free then pull. Skin sure is tough.

Yeah thats gotta hurt! 2 weeks ago, 2 buddies and I went fishing in a 16ft boat, not a lot of room to cast. Anyways one of the guys casted his x-rap and stuck it into the other ones head. Right through the hat and the barb was also burried in his scalp. So we had to cut one of the hooks so we could get his hat off. I did not have much room to work with and almost fainted. After about an hour the treble was out! Then it got dark and we headed ( no pun intended ) home.

Click the link that NET posted.. thats the line trick...

I was fishing a pro-am a few years back and ended up with a 4/0 hook in my arm.. My am, passed out not once but twice before I was able to talk him through the "line trick".

It works, you just have to be confident...

Wost hook I have ever had was before bass season.. I was working on by boat, and sat on my seat. Crank bait on it. Hook wen through my shorts, through my bum, through the seat of the boat.... I had to use my cell phone to call my wife in the house to cut my shorts off and seat off.. and then do the line trick... NOT COOL!

Please tell me you know the line trick... ANYBODY THAT FISHES NEEDS TO KNOW THE LINE TRICK!!!!!!

I have had several run in's with hooks. I can say that if you are with a friend and can pull it off the line trick is the easyest. But it hurts like all HHHLL. Alone the pust threw, clip, and pull out is the easyest way to go.

Hope it all worked out for you. Did you eat the pike????

I know the line trick Deitz, but when the fish was struggling, he bend the hooks straight. The line trick didn't work. I even tried like 4 or 5 times. Just did the ole push it through trick, which is like pushing a nail through a leather belt... takes some elbow grease.

polarsusd81- I cleaned the crank up, changed out the hooks, and she runs as good as new!

hooks suck when you have to have the doctor pull them out and then never fully regain feeling in your finger!

buried a gama trailer hook in the middle finger and had a 5 lb pike doing cartwheels with it stuck down to the bone and grinding all the meat and nerves up.

bad day in my life

hook1.jpg

OWE - nothing like that has happened to me. My buddy Rob had a spinnerbait hook through his eyebrow. That was a trip to the ER.

Dietz - hooked in the bum and to the seat? Sounds humiliating and painful. Was that the reason for the new rig? To get rid of the bad karma bum hooking bassboat?

I always carry a wire cutter in the boat with me for that very reason. Hooks are buggy so I would make sure your buddy watches out for an infection. I had a red streak going up my arm from an infection after being poked in the hand by numerous fish fins and had to go on antibiotics asap. Fishing is a dangerous sport!!! eek

I know the line trick but the two times I managed to hook myself it would not allow me to remove the hooks. First time I was alone and had a hammer handle pike on a crank. After swinging him aboard I reached down to remove the crank when he jumped and the aft treble went through my thumbnail and into my knucle. All this time the fish was still on the front set of hooks thrashing about. Went to the water patrol on Tonka and they pointed me toward the nearest ER. The second time was in a tournament on Tonka again. My partner had just hooked a nice fish on his first cast and swung it into the cockpit of the boat. I bent down to unhook it just as he gave it some slack. The 1/2 oz jig came out and went right through the bridge of my nose. Had to get off the boat and walk through a group of divers who were at Maymards to clean the lake bottom. Nothing like a guy walking past with blood flowing from a black and blue jig embedded in his proboscis. Women were hiding their children. Anyway off to the ER, and ended up with the same doc that fixed my thumb. We had a good laugh over that, and while I would like to say I went back to the boat and finished the tournament earning a big check in the process, I can't, I did go back but we didnt catch the mother load. I hope I do not get to try the line trick, nor make another trip to the ER.