• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

$5 Spear House

mrklean

So i was looking on good old hsolist and found a canvas fish house for sale only $45 a little old but would make a great spear house, all i gotta do is make a bigger hold in the floor. It has a steel frame on the bottom so its heavy enough to hold it down and its folds up pretty nicely to. I met the person yesterday and see theres a heater with it and she said it comes with the house. Well i dont need the heater but wasnt about to turn down the heater. Put it on hsolist last night and sold it for $40 today. So i just bought myself a nice spearhouse for $5, so im really ready to start sparing now, all i need is a decoy.

so im really ready to start sparing now, all i need is a decoy.

FYI,

There is a bait shop in St Cloud that is very spearing friendly. It has a large selection of decoys to choose from. I picked up a bear creek there last year. They had some hand carved ones there too. Icesaws and spears too.

I'm originally from St. Cloud so I know what bait shop he is talking about, I can't seem to remember the name but I will just tell you that if you are at the stop lights on hwy 10, there is a restaurant on the SW corner and behind that restaurnat you will see the bait shop, in fact I think it has an old stop light signal on top of the main entrance door. But if you are sitting at the stop light and look west you should see the bait shop.

You can name the bait shop. Just can't post a link to it.

Cool.

I usually get in trouble after posting... this time I thought I would try to stay out of trouble first.

Yes, it is Stop Light Bait.

They have Duey Decoys there too.

MERKMAN

Whats going on fellow. How the heck have you been

Good Gooood… I’m Goooooood

I have been messing around converting fish houses to spear houses. Picking them up here and there and farting around with some. The wife isn't on to me yet but I think she is going to figure it out pretty soon. eek

I am getting a little collection going here. grin

I was looking at getting an older small pontoon for sturgeon fishing in the spring too, but that deal fell though now… a day late and a dollar short on that one. cry

merkman I like the counter link you have.

As for enough spearing stuff No I will never have enough I've got 2 perm shacks and thinking of building a third that I can haul around as my portable