Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
croixflats

Is Nature Vision in finacial troubleT

11 posts in this topic

They sold of one facility and Chief financial officer resigns in july. Just wondering if any rumers floating around.

I don't believe so.

here is a response from someone at Nature Vision:

“Despite any rumors to the contrary, Nature Vision remains in a very solid position as we approach 2009. While it is true that our CFO recently resigned to relocate due to a family health issue, we are close to hiring a new CFO, having received hundreds of applications.”

That is good to hear thank you. It's nice to see a company of this caliber to be based in Minnesota. Minnesota pride I guess.

IF you think about it, they just bought out Castiac soft plastics, and MarCum... I doubt they are in financial troubles.

IF you think about it, they just bought out Castiac soft plastics, and MarCum... I doubt they are in financial troubles.

I would tend to agree with ya Dietz, great time to be a buyer to position yourself for future growth.

I can confirm, that Nature Vision is fine. The sale of the other facility was of an empty building in the Twin Cities from the previous Merger/Sale. And Rick mentioned about the CFO resigning.

A little off topic...but...have any of you used the nature vision tip-up alert system? Curious as to how well it works.

232406.jpg

Style #: RFSS

Wireless Tip-Up Strike Sensor

The longest range, lowest cost RF tip-up alert made. Flag Alert incorporates a tilt switch (non-mercury) and clips on all tip-up flag arms. Clip the indicator alarm to your belt or jacket, and wait for the beep! Works up to 300 feet

Look to the newspaper industry for evidence of how this can be a catastrophic business strategy. That industry is full of companies who bought their competitors, and took on too much debt to be effective in marketplace.

There's a couple other things going on in the newspaper industry. One is rapidly increasing paper costs, the other is losing paying readers to TV and Internet.

I am also a little worried that they may have spent all their cash, and took on a fair amount of liability, for their recent M&A.

Look to the newspaper industry for evidence of how this can be a catastrophic business strategy. That industry is full of companies who bought their competitors, and took on too much debt to be effective in marketplace.

Does anyone know if they completed their mergers for cash, or took on debt to do so?

I hope not, as NV is a great company with great products. But you see the above scenario play out way too often.

Two total different animals there, I would not compare this type of business (Nature Vision) to a news paper or any paper source media outlet....

Now with the aquisition of Marcum, they have the underwater camera biz all locked in.

So I would say there future looks preaty darn solid to me.