• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

timing of pork shoulder

trying my first pork shoulder on the big green egg on friday night and just have some timing questions. (already got a lot of info on rub, time frames, etc off the site.) Putting it on friday night about 8, assuming its done about noon or so on saturday. I will be bringing it to a party on saturday night and was wondering am I better off pulling it (after it rests for about an hour) then putting it in the fridge until I leave at 6, or keeping it whole resting it, then putting it in fridge and pulling it later?

Thanks

If you are going to wrap it in aluminum foil 2/3 of the way through....(which is what I would recommend)....make sure you double or even triple wrap that sucker..because they have a TON of juice! I triple wrapped mine and still had juice leak out.

After you take it off...keep it wrapped in aluminum foil and then wrap in a regular old bathroom towel and put it in a cooler...let it rest for however long you want!

Good Luck!