Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandmannd

McCain / Lieberman

66 posts in this topic

Just saw on the news that Lieberman is a possible strong choice for McCain. Something he says would be a "Put the Country first" choice. What do you all think of that? To be honest, it kind of interests me. Would be nice to see someone put party lines aside and see if they can work together to get some things done.

I think it would be interesting, all right.

The most conservative Republicans already don't like McCain and may not vote for him. Leiberman on the ticket would alienate more mainstream Republicans, but would it pick up enough conservative Dems and swing voters to give him an edge?

Looks like the Repubs are going to be frothing at the mouth if he actually does it.

I don't think he will. He's getting enough [PoorWordUsage] flung at him for even floating the idea.

Lieberman is a possible strong choice for McCain.

I think Lieberman will figure prominently in McCain’s plans, but not as VP. Assuming McCain wins, they will want a VP that can run once McCain's term(s) is over. I would bet Pawlenty or Romney.

This whole thing is getting surreal. I refuse to even debate the prospect of an Obama presidency with anyone that will vote for him. There's just no "there" there. I've always been against affirmative action and the presidency is no place for it either.

The republican powers that be have lost their cahoona's along the way over the last several years and have decided to bend to the will of the MSM and abandon their conservative base. Liberals have already won this election either way. Conservatives will be sitting this one out. It will be nice in a way. To be able to sit and criticize without coming up with any constructive ideas for the next four years like liberals have been doing for the past eight will be a nice break.

Conservatives will be back when the country is tired of the smoke and mirrors and the dangers in the world are more eminent. For the next four years I'm just going to go fishing. If liberals continue to allow it.

Who cares who the fascist traitor McShame chooses as a running mate. It will be great when a real American is elected, it'll put the wanabe fascists and xenophobes on this board panties into a twist.

I dont want a President to cross party lines and work together with the other side to get things done.. Thats where the damage is done in, "Negotiations"..

Anyway you look at it already a Liberal is going to win this election, be it McCain or Obama..

I do get the point DinkADunk that you don't particularly care for Mr. McCaine but I don't like it when we use labels for people like "traitor" without due cause. It would seem that if there is due cause, then file the charges.

It is disturbing that candidates get away with selecting running mates for the purpose of winning votes by covering some segment of society that they themselves can't relate to. I'll pick a female or black running mate because then female or black voters are more likely to vote for us. It doesn't matter that they wouldn't stand a chance on their own.

This isn't a slam at the candidate but a slam at us the voter. How many of us think about the fact that if the candidate does get elected, the running mate will take control should the candidate become deceased or incapable of fulfilling his duties?

Bob

Who cares who the fascist traitor McShame chooses as a running mate. It will be great when a real American is elected, it'll put the wanabe fascists and xenophobes on this board panties into a twist.

As soon as a "real American" runs, I will vote for him/her. Until that time, I am on the border with my vote.

This whole thing is getting surreal. I refuse to even debate the prospect of an Obama presidency with anyone that will vote for him. There's just no "there" there. I've always been against affirmative action and the presidency is no place for it either.

What the heck does this have to do with McCains VP choice? crazy

Originally Posted By: DinkADunk

As soon as a "real American" runs, I will vote for him/her. Until that time, I am on the border with my vote.

I agree with you Farmboy. But at least McCain have fought for this country, that should (and does to me) count for something.

Dink, if you think hating America is what makes someone a "real American" than good luck with that.

My point was that Mccain could pick HRC for all I care. There's no choice in this election cycle. I concede this one to the liberals.

dinkadunk, why is it that liberals always resort to name calling ? Is it possible to disagree with you without being labled? Or is that what diversity and tolerance are all about?

Is is just that no one worth having wants the job of President or because the National Committees for both parties figure supporting someone less than bright helps their cause? I guess you have to be willing to trade your soul to get their support.

I am at a complete loss on what to make of the sad choices voters have and have had to choose from. They are all fatally flawed and the results of their leadership bear this out again and again, regardless of which way you lean.

Maybe having GWB or any other President away from office more than one-third of the time is actually a good thing...

Tom, you look familiar, do I know ya?

I agree with you on this. I wish there was a way to wipe out every office, clean out the lobbyists and get back to what it was when the founding fathers were working for the best of Ameriica, not who lines their pockets.

This place sure is good for a laugh every now and then. Thanks grin

I cannot believe people can be so outspoken about people they've never even met.

You saying that would be like me calling Obama nothing more than a liberal pig who wants to grind this country into an oblivion by taxing us to death and promoting his Muslim faith. A man who wants to drive the white man into poverty because he is "the enemy".

I wouldn't ever say that though because I have no idea what kind of guy he is.

promoting his Muslim faith. I wouldn't ever say that though because I have no idea what kind of guy he is.

I don't know what kind of guy he is either, but I know he's not Muslim, he's Christian. smile

We could play this game all day, and on any topic.

HOUSTON -- The president of the Catholic League today blasted Sen. John McCain for accepting the endorsement of Texas evangelicalist John Hagee, calling the controversial pastor a bigot who has "waged an unrelenting war against the Catholic Church."

Hagee, who is known for his crusading support of Israel, backed McCain's presidential bid Wednesday, standing next to the senator at a hotel in San Antonio and calling McCain "a man of principle."

But Catholic League President Bill Donohue said in a statement today that Hagee has written extensively in negative ways about the Catholic Church, "calling it 'The Great Whore,' an 'apostate church,' the 'anti-Christ,' and a 'false cult system.'"

"Senator Obama has repudiated the endorsement of Louis Farrakhan, another bigot. McCain should follow suit and retract his embrace of Hagee," Donohue said.

Tired of choosing between the lesser of two evils. Seems to be worse every election cycle.

I think I'll just vote for Barr and call it good. (Yeah, I know wasted vote and all that. Just tired of lousy choices.)

NETim

its not a wasted vote if enough people who say they are tired of the 2 party system vote for Barr or some one other then GOP/DFL "We The People" need to send our politicians a strong message

No vote is a wasted vote. We in America have bought the whole culture that we have to vote for someone who has a chance to win so we can also be in the winner's circle. Forgetting that if we were to simply vote for the one we want instead of the one who might win, we would change who wins.

That attitude is what the two-party system depends on. A vote for anyone but a Dem or a Repub presidential candidate is a wasted vote, they say. Doncha wanna vote for a winner?

It'll take a lot of elections where independents and fringe pres candidates get ever-increasing vote percentages to convince Americans we've been sold a bill of goods. Perot was the most recent example of someone outside the mainstream who got a lot of support for pres, but did that fundamentally change the way we in this country look at winners and loser in politics as it applies to our vote?

Nope. It's a matter of American psychological makeup.

Yep, Nader cost Gore the 2000 presidential election and launched us into eight years of so-called leadership by a spoiled frat boy who topped out intellectually in grade school, and who to this day can't find a coherent sentence unless it's dictated to him by a tutor. That's true, but it's not the only way to interpret it. Another way to look at is that Nader/LaDuke's message inspired an awful lot of Americans.

Wasted vote? It boils down to an argument between what should be and what is. It should be possible for a counterculture candidate to push forth a message that inspires enough votes to win the presidency. But because of the winning culture in America, that doesn't happen, and the mainstream candidates keep spoonfeeding us that "winner" philosophy. So what "is" possible is only that one of two candidates will become president.

I refuse to believe that an informed vote that follows one's conscience is a wasted vote. Get out there, learn about all the candidates, vote your beliefs. Ignore political party and focus instead on who you REALLY want to see in office. Change the system. Start now.

OK, diatribe over! Yeah, I feel better now. gringrin

eight years of so-called leadership by a spoiled frat boy who topped out intellectually in grade school, and who to this day can't find a coherent sentence unless it's dictated to him by a tutor.

Although a sharp blow to the head for Pelosi wouldn't be a bad place to start either. shocked

Man, how true is that. That's the problem the democrats have, they keep shooting themselves in the foot. They make her the House Speaker and on the local front they have a valid candidate in Ciresi and instead they go with Franken. Go figure. crazy

Originally Posted By: Big Tom
Although a sharp blow to the head for Pelosi wouldn't be a bad place to start either. shocked

Man, how true is that. That's the problem the democrats have, they keep shooting themselves in the foot. They make her the House Speaker and on the local front they have a valid candidate in Ciresi and instead they go with Franken. Go figure. crazy

Just shows the direction they are going. Their actions speak volumes. These are not the democrats of the past that actually supported working men and women, Middle America.

Quote:
(Yeah, I know wasted vote and all that. Just tired of lousy choices.)

Don't ever think you're vote is wasted! It is only wasted when you don't use it.

Quote:
The only reason Perot did as well as he did was he could afford to pay for his own infomercials to get heard. Few have that kind of bank account.

That's why candidates try so hard to win the Democratic or Republican nominations. Those two parties have learned how to raise insane amounts of money and winning the nomination means winning a piece of that support. The other "lesser" parties need to learn how to raise money in order to compete and it is just that, a competition where the best (competitor) wins.

Bob