• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

florida vacation help?

bgreen82

trying to plan a trip to orlando for like february next year with the wife and daughter. any advice on best deals as far as hitting a couple disney parks and universal. everytime i try to put a package together, the price just rockets unless you stay in some super 8 like motel.

Green,

I would look to stay in the Kissimmi area, check out renting a house, usually is pretty cheap. Are you driving or flying, rent a car is pretty necessary if you want to stay cheap. Lots of them have hot tubs and pools and can be had for a lot less than hotels.

Biggest thing I can say is get a book by Steve Birnbaum ( I think this is correct spelling ) that tells you tips and secrets for visiting the parks. VERY HELPFUL ! Saved us a ton of time and shows you how to visit each park and when to hit the rides to minimize waiting time. Best money I ever spent on our trip.

Also, if you do stay in the Kissimmi area there is a place called Old Town that is pretty cool, great way to kill a half day or so. Lots of shops and some smaller carnival rides for the kids. Old fashioned candy shop, t shirt shops, etc. Used to be a Jimmy Buffett shop but not sure if it is still there, it's been a while since I was there (3-4 years)

Have fun,

Windy