• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Will MN ever allow 2 rods in open water??

goose89

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd
Why should anyone have to pay more. I thought they were trying to get more folks into fishing as they are hurting on license rev now. How about opening to two lines and give youngsters and first timers more chances at fish? A limit will still be a limit.

I get so sick of the land of 10,000 fees.

Why would we want more people fishing? The lakes are overfished as it is. Not to mention all of the boating rage I read about on here.

Also, less people fishing means less stocking required.

So the goal of the state should be to decrease fishing....because the lakes are over fished and then would require less stocking?

If that happened would we not have less people to stand up for fishing...and possibly lose more (overall fishing/water management) that what we already have?

Same could be said for hunting...too many deer hunters in the woods. But, the goal of the anti's is to decrease the amount of hunters and they would support the gov trying to accomplish this task....and would not be beneficial to hunters

Not calling you out...but I think your thoughts are backwards on the subject....and possibly based more on busy metro lakes not the entire state in general.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bring on two lines I would bobber one and jig/cast one if they had to lower walleye limits that would not hurt me atleast. I only fish for them the first couple weeks of the season and then its back to crappies/sunnies and of course catfishing

Pier,

Could you hook me up with the original thread(s) talking about this topic. I tried to search "2 rods" in subject only and got zip. I know I've read a few comments on this in the past, but couldn't find anything back. Don't mean to rehash something if there's already alot on it. Please guide me to previous post. Thanks in advance.

No problem goose89 it's a hot topic and deserves a good debate.

Here are a couple of post from the Spring! I know there are a few more I'll see if I can dig them up for you!

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1442761/1

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1429788/1

2 lines would be nice and if there is a fee... pay it or use 1 line. Seems pretty simple. I understand the argument from people that fees get to be a pain, but is anything in this world getting cheaper? Why wouldn't managing our Nat Resources get more expensive also.

I must disagree with Sonicrunch on that having more people enjoying fishing IS GOOD for fishing in general. The concern we should be having is people not obeying or respecting laws and the rights of other fishermen.

I have had a busy opening weekend on Mille Lacs north end sand with 500 boats be less annoying than trolling cranks at night on a small lake where 1 boat of 3 or 4 on the water chose not to run there lights and almost causes an accident. My point I guess is that we should want more people involved but we want people that respect others and the laws. IMO

Thanks Pier. I must of read one at it's "infancy" and never got back to it. Didn't realize it had been so hashed over already. Like you said, Here we go again. I've got enough to read with your help, now. Thanks again.

I had three boys and solved my rod problem in a hurry. If we each need a spinning rod, a baitcaster, and a linecounter rig, I'm already bringing 12 rods. My wife is going to really think I'm nuts if we are allowed four more. Grandpa is teaching them fly fishing too!

Simple answer-take a kid fishing and you will have all the rods you can handle. Hans

DFV87- If we have two lines but an extra fee for the second line are those of us with lifetime licenses grandfathered in and dont have to pay the fee? Or will my lifetime license become a lifetime with a fee?

This was the measure proposed this spring in the legislature that failed.

I am all for the two lines. But I spent over $600 buying a lifetime license as have many of us. I dont think we should be forces to pay an extra annual fee to fish with the second line.

I agree with you Quetico. I don't think there should be any extra "fees" for it. Lifetime guys should just get it. If they want extra money, raise the license by $5 for everyone. It would be a nightmare trying to police who's got the extra rod stamp.

I agree with you Quetico. I don't think there should be any extra "fees" for it. Lifetime guys should just get it. If they want extra money, raise the license by $5 for everyone. It would be a nightmare trying to police who's got the extra rod stamp.

a word of wisdom from sandman laugh

although i find using 2 rods..(lately been on the st.croix) causes me to lose rigs twice as fast...

I don't know...I've fished 2 rods for my entire lifetime when I was living in MI. The only time I didn't was on trout streams where you are olny allowed 1. It really isn't that much of a hassle. Especially if you are using them to try different tactics--bobber and cast, trolling, etc.

I firmly believe that this state should go to 2 rods. It won't hurt the fishing--like people have said, "a limit is a limit is a limit". The "overfishing", come on. What might we be talking about, an extra 2 fish to hit your limit?--Walleyes, you normally would probably catch 4 so now you might catch 6??

You know, MI allows for 3 rod/person when trolling the Great Lakes--lets see this go through!!

DFV87- If we have two lines but an extra fee for the second line are those of us with lifetime licenses grandfathered in and dont have to pay the fee? Or will my lifetime license become a lifetime with a fee?

You's guys are limited to only one line...haha gringrin thats what you get for trying to save money grin

Why wouldnt the life time license holder have to pay more if everyone else does? If the 2 lines is an optional upgrade for another fee then whoever wants it should have to pay for it. You can still fish with one line with you life time license if you choose to.

Why would it be a nightmare? Every time I see a CO while I am fishing they check me for a license. I am sure they wouldnt be over worked if they had to read the words " two lines " on it to tell I was legal.