• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Denard Span

mike morris

I've been proven wrong. This guy is an absolute stud, and seems to be the real deal at the leadoff position. I didn't think he could be such a good player for this long, but he certainly has. I hope he stays this way for years to come!

You weren't wrong you were just using common sense!

Nobody could expect a .280 career hitter in 6 seasons in the MINORs to become a .320 hitter over night in the Majors.

Miracles do happen wether the Miracle continue's for years to come we'll have to stay tuned for that!

I love this guy.

We've been lucky this year with Span and Casilla both coming up from the minors and doing phenomenal. Let's hope they both can continue what they are doing in years to come. I got a feeling they can!

He had a better spring that the boy wonder in centerfield but ended up in Rochester. I'm also a believer that Span and Casilla at the top of the order makes this a different and more potent team. And anything that keeps Punto on the bench is a good thing.

I like Span too. He looks like a ball player out there. Professional. In the field and at the plate. Disciplined, you can tell he's worked at his craft. Not saying he's going to be a lifetime 320 hitter but it looks like he did develop nicely. Utilizing his tools and understanding the game.

Punto is decent in the field, as a hitter I have no faith. He has trouble laying down a bunt at times which is real scary. And today he's having a bad start.

Error in the first, leading to run

and

Bottom 3rd: Minnesota

- C. Gomez reached on bunt single to third

- D. Span hit by pitch, C. Gomez to second

- N. Punto struck out swinging

haven't seen that lately....

ATTENTION: Please cease and desist with the comments relating to Punto being an OK, Decent, or serviceable infeilder..... He is without question "the BEST all around defensive infielder in the MAJORS".... PERIOD!... I didn't say it Peter Gammons did!!!!!

I understand some of the offensive criticism although he had 2 more hits today and is hitting .280 for the season but come on folks he's INCREDIBLE defensively and isn't going anywhere!

It's a career year for Punto and the guy is nothing but HUSTLE..... So deal with it!

I feel better now... carry on!.. grin