• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

who cares about the nfl anyways

Burnham

high school football is about to start 9 days till ANOKA football kickoff..im so freakin pumped, my first year ever and im a junior, im not too good but im workin on it so i can play varsity senior year..2 a days suck tho, we're through 7 of the 10 days and i CANNOT WAIT for 2 a days to be over. whoooo had an interception today in a scrimmage too!! yeah a completely random post but high school football is MUCH better than the pros.

Enjoy it, as mentioned earlier, they go by fast. I had many many years of putting on the pads and 2 a days and yes they suck, but you get everything you put into them...it makes the regular practice during the season seem easy...my other point to you is make the most out of every situation, you never know when you are gonna get your shot to shine....

Well good luck on the upcoming season. I hated two a days too, everybody does. Looking back on it though I enjoyed August when the varsity, JV, and junior high football players all practiced together. Nothing like being an 8th grade defensive tackle (i.e. small) trying to fend off a block by the varsity starting guard and then trying to tackle the varsity starting half back. You learn to take a hit and man-up quick. Of course the later knee injuries (11th grade) weren't fun and cut short my carrer and 35 years later the stubs are rather painful, but now I get to run drills for my son's team (5&6th grade) and also wear a blocker (whatever they call that 4" foam pad you hold) to help the young lineman learn how to hit. Nothing like seeing a 5' 135lb young lineman finaly get it that staying low is the only way to go and have him lay a very hard hit on me and drive me back. I feel sorry for the 4' something 65lb guy that he hits in a game smile

I know what you guys mean. I never played football, but both of my sons play, one a Freshman in college and the other a Freshman in high school.

I couldn't be more excited for this season to kick off. My youngest has a scrimmage this Saturday and it's driving me nuts with the anticipation to see them in action.

It's only been 2 years since I hung up the pads. I now scout for my former highschool team. Last night I managed to catch Coach at school after their passing practice, taking a walk back down to the locker room brought back all the memories in a hurry. Not that you ever forget, but that smell of sweaty pads hanging around, well its just one of those things ya know. Something you will realize down the road is that you don't remeber the wins or losses as much as you remeber the times you spent being with all the guys, being on a football team is much more than just the final scores of the games.

Good luck with the upcoming two seasons, like everyone said, they go by way to fast. I'd do it all again in a heart beat, hot afternoons in the weightroom, two-a-days, the wins, the losses, even the torn up shoulder and the 2 surguries it took to fix were worth it, but sometimes listening to the doctor isn't a bad idea either....

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM
...but both of my sons play, one a Freshman in college...

Where's your son at?

My oldest will be kicking for VCC in Ely with high hopes of going to Crookston in a couple years. My youngest plays for Le Sueur.

Freshman at Apple Valley, Playing sophomore now, Varsity next year. I dont know about all of you but the 4 hour practice we have right now is not enough. I wish sophomores did 2 a days. 2 days till we start!!!

Originally Posted By: Ralph Wiggum
Originally Posted By: LEP7MM
...but both of my sons play, one a Freshman in college...

Where's your son at?

My oldest will be kicking for VCC in Ely with high hopes of going to Crookston in a couple years. My youngest plays for Le Sueur.

Cool, I played at Saint John's in the early 2000s. Good luck to both of them!