• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV Trailer

JMo

Alright guys, I have a couple of 2-up wheelers and need to find a trailer to be able to load them both. I would like more of a utility trailer that I could easily carry stuff around when not hauling the wheelers. I am located in the cities but also am up in the Bemidji area quite often. Does anyone know of a good dealer that would have a trailer big enough for both four wheelers? Does anyone else haul 2-ups around and if so what trailer do you use/recommend? Thanks for your help in advance.

I just sold a steel 6x12 that had a side ramp and a rear ramp. The ramps were expanded metal and created a lot of air drag. It also weighed 1220 lbs empty. Cut my mileage by 4-5 mpg. Pulled nice but hard to move around the yard. Was a little too narrow. I have seen this type in made by P&J for a little more money. They have alum. fenders and are powder coated, have a wider deck and removable ramps for the side. Look like a nice rig. I replaced mine with an all aluminum side loader, built for two atvs. It only weighs 400 lbs, is easy too move around empty and has a maint. free aluminum deck but they are kind of expensive. Wouldn't work well for a utility trailer.

Look at an Aluma model 6316 (63" wide, 16' long). They are expensive but well worth it. Somethingfishy has one maybe he will post a pic.

Here is the Aluma 6316 LW, I also have a set of 24" aluminum sides that go all the way around. This trailer will fit 2- Tracked atv's so should haul 2- 2up machines with no issues. If you order one you can upgrade to 14" rims/tires for around an additional $200. You can't beat Aluma with the 5 year warranty.

P1000055.jpg

P1000402.jpg

P1000401.jpg

P1000404.jpg

P1000400.jpg

SomethingFishy,

Seeing how there is no way to PM you, any chance you could drop me a quick email so I can ask you a couple of questions on the Aluma? I'd sure appreciate it if you could.

sixpack at beu dot midco dot net

That's a really nice rig Somethingfishy . I got in a hurry and didn't do enough researching and bought a double snowmobile trailer . It works good but is not the ultimate since I trailer the bike more because I use it more than our sleds or combo of both . Hindsight ticks me off sometimes . LOL

TD

Here's something to think about. I bought a trailer where the wheelers could be driven up from the side. Mine was a ATV88... can't remember the brand, but it was one of the popular aluminum ones. The nice thing about hauling the wheelers sideways instead of lengthways, is you can do it with a much shorter trailer. I'm sure they make them for the longer wheelbase wheelers as well. Anywho..., just wanted to put it out there. I just looked it up, my trailer was a Triton.

Here's my dilemma: I have this nice long skinny 82" wide pad next to the side of my garage, a perfect spot for storing a nice long skinny trailer! One thing about owning a trailer is you need a place to store it.

So I am looking at the Aluma 5416. It's a 54" wide bed (75 1/2" total width) X 16 ft long. Pretty much identical to the two units in this thread, just narrower. It would be the perfect fit next to my garage, and haul two quads, or one quad and a nice flip-up ice shelter.

I guess I am most curious if there are any drawbacks to the trailer as far as what I want it to do.

One such question is, if I were to haul just one quad somewhere, is or would it be appropriate to run the quad all the way to the front of the trailer, and if I did would I get any trailer bounce with all the weight at one end?

Or is it an issue to have a 600# quad up front, and a 125# shelter on the rear?

Also, anyone out there with any dissatisfaction with the Aluma brand?

If anyone wants to comment I am all ears. I didn't mean to hijack this thread, but it has the trailer I am interested in and I have no way to contact the dude.

Thanks.

The aluma brand is a good trailer. Expensive but nice.

I've been builing quite a few (6 so far) 6 x 12 trailers with slide under rear and front side ramps for some of the fellas I live near and work with. I like the 72" wide versions so you can load a wheeler sideways if wanted. We all went 12 feet long so we can load a wheeler/snowmobile and porty fish house and not have to jostle things around and load stuff into the truck. Drive on, tie it all down, and drive away. It's kinda nice.

If a guy has some welding skylz and not too much time you can save a TON of money by building your own. Savings are more than twice the cost of new and not as much work as you would think.

Just tossing it out there.

I've got a PJ 7x12 with side ramp and back drop ramp. Its nice for normal sized wheelers, can get 3 loaded on it when loading sideways, or 2 wheelers and a portable fish house in the middle. Also long enough to drive the wheeler up and leave fish house attached. Pulls really nice with the 15" tires and extra weight. All that said I wish I had gone with an aluminum for the extra $$. No matter how well you try and take care of a steel trailer they all rust, and while the weight makes them go down the road nicer/more stable it does cut down on gas mileage more.

I dont think you'd be able to get 2 2ups on that size trailer though either.

54" trailer is too narrow. Go at least 63", minimal difference in price. I had a 6314 Aluma, single axle, two wheelers fit, not much space between. On my trailer I load my house crossways in front and run the wheeler up centered between the wheels. No complaints with Aluma, I had a warranty issue with the bolt on fenders on mine promptly taken care of by the dealer. Aluma also has a 5 year warranty. Aluma's are expensive, because you do pay for the quality.

54" trailer is too narrow. Go at least 63

I guess you missed my comment on my skinny parking area next to my garage. The 54 wide will fit, the 63 will not. Those fenders and wheels take up a lot of space. I would like to be wider though. I would think the 54 would be perfect for two in-line quads. Any drawbacks that you know of?

Nice looking trailer you have. The Aluma's sure do look nice.

I guess I misunderstood, I thought maybe the concrete pad was narrow not the overall opening. I guess you'll just have to make sure your wheelers are not going to get any wider with bigger tires and offset rims. Thanks for the compliment on the trailer.

Good luck shopping, I see your from ND I wish I had a dealer to recommend, my first one came from west fargo, this one came from little falls.

Now that the wife has upgraded her wheeler to a 500, my trailer is not big enough now, I really like the one that somethingfishy has and I found a dealer who has them on sale right now. I need to sell mine first.

Somethingfishy, how does that pull compared to a 7 X 8 with two loaded side by side, are they alot heavier?

Is a F150 going to notice the load alot more?

Mark

I would go with a 2 place snowmobile trailer because you can put 2 atvs on it and still have a little extra room for things like fish houses and grill i would also recommend triton because we have had very good luck with them and not the same with aluma