• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lighted nocks

koonie

Just curious what everyone has tried as far as lighted nocks. I used lumenocks the past couple of years and wasn't really happy with them. Shot way low(weight), they didn't seem to last long, and they didn't seem real bright. Tonight I tried out an easton tracer nock and I was very impressed! The magnet activation was easy enough and the nock had no effect on my arrows point of impact. It also starts to blink after about ten seconds when shot. This should help in finding your arrow after the shot. Only thing left to ponder is the longevity of the battery.

I also have been thinking of switching to the Easton Tracer Nocks for this season, I am just not impressed with the performance of the Lumenoks i used last year. Did the Easton's light up every time? I have heard reports that on some shots they wont light up.

The Tracer nocks are the best, i have used the lumanock for a season and i last year went out and bought 6 tracer nocks. Have not had one go bad or one ever not work. They say they last 90hrs. That is plenty long. By the time you use them for 90hrs they will have something out that is 10 times better. They are the best on the market now. Stop thinking about it, just go get them, i love them.

The lighted nock really intrigued me. What I don't like is the price tage at $10 a nock. I did a little research online and found a video on youtube that had a step by step process for making your own. I now make mine at about $4.25 each and it only takes 5 minutes. Check it out! I think I enjoy watching the arrows fly even more than the lumenocks because I built these. I am not sure who came up with the idea, but they work great.