• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lets see Houses for the '08/'09 season

Sandmannd

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

walleye 4 me, everything is relative. I grew up fishing out of perms on Mille Lacs and was accustomed to fishing 12"-16" off the ice; 5-1/2" floor joists plus 6" oak runners plus 3/4" flooring plus whatever blocking under the runners. We used custom made adjustable 2-piece sheetmetal liners originally then later used 5 gallon buckets as you mentioned. I have been aspiring to build my own wheel house for too long now and keep wondering whether it's worth all the time and money to get a house that drops right down on the ice... not sure it's necessary.

In addition to the Voyager I have been "pimpin" I have this camper rig. It's nothing fancy, has 5 holes,removeable wheels,great heater,works great as a home base & a place to play some poker & enjoy a beverage with friends.

IceFishing109.jpg

IceFishing075.jpg

I'm trying to talk my dad into this route. Any suggestions?

The cost angle might work. These old campers can be had cheap. If you are handy with a sawsall it dosen't take a lot to put holes in the floor add a heater and your good to go.We moved the wheels to the outside so they are removeable. It's showing it's age structally so somewhere down the road I plan to rebuild on the existing frame. As it sits I have less than a grand into it.

Man those are some nice houses. I am hoping to build me a new one this coming summer. I have an 8X18 frame that I am going to put a 3' V on the front for the toilet. I ahve gotten some good ideas from all of these pics. Thanks and keep em coming.

8 x 22 1/2. Went as big as would fit in the garage. Still wish the self builders the best of luck but don't think too many will reach this level of quality.

well dont pat yourself on the back...

well dont pat yourself on the back...

Isn't that pretty much the jest of threads like this? Maybe you missed the thread that stated all the mfg'd houses were poor quality and the only way to get a good one was to self build.

thats not what im saying. your just saying yours is better than everyone elses and doubt that anyone else can do something like yours. news flash yours isnt anything great. its nice but theres plenty of other people that built there own that are just as good if not better...