• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I packed up the boat and gear and drove over to my buddies home in Chippewa Saturday night. We launched Sunday morning, around 9ish, from the rod and gun club and planned on hitting a few spots. Our first spot yielded two walleyes (one just over 12", the other was 16"), several nice sized smallmouth, a 24" pike, and a rockbass and a dinky perch. After working that spot pretty well, we decided to try our second spot. That was a good decision! In the next two hours, we landed at least a dozen walleye and I lost five boatside (getting too lazy at that point, trying to hoist 'em up). I also hooked into a real nice northern pike (solid 31 incher!) and we had fun with some sumo smallmouth action as well.

We were jigging minnows and crawlers and I was lindy rigging crawlers when we were drifting. Most of the action came in 5 to 12 feet of water, working weed edges. Jig color didn't seem to matter; anything I tied on seemed to catch fish!

All in all, it was best "dog days of summer" that I've ever had on Wissota...

Glad to hear the good report - Wissota for most species is better than it ever has from what I can remember in the past 20 years. The slot for walleyes appears to finally be taking effect and more so for the lake in general the end of drawdowns has produced more and healthier weeds. I'll be slingin for muskies there in about an hour!