Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Big Dave2

When did your Brittany quit growing?

Mine is almost a year old and she is still very small. I think that is just the way she is going to be. I think she quit growing a while ago already. Anyone have one sprout up after they turned a year?

My male brittany quit growing right around the age of 1. He did fill in a bunch over the next 2 or so years. But I don't think he ever grew any taller or longer after that. He turns 4 in about a week or so, and he weighs 42 lbs. That weigh fluctuates quite a bit, depending on the season. He puts on the pounds once January hits and hunting ends, and slowly loses the extra couple of pounds over the summer. By the hunting season, he is sculpted by daily runs/rollerblading. Not an ounce of fat, and muscular as can be. I think it also helps to build up the bottom of his feet as he hunts all fall and has never cut a foot yet.

Between 8 months and a year. In recent years breeders have been breeding bigger Brits that push the limits of the standard. However, there are still plenty of blood lines that run on the smaller compact size. Check the sire and grandsire size and you should get a good feel for how big your dog will get. Mine is 8 months old and will not be as tall as my last Brit(38-39lbs)he will be 34-35lbs and smaller which is what I wanted.

I know mine is not a brit, but a springer and she is 10 months old and is only 27lbs. She has been this way since April-may. I think that is going to be it. She may break 30lbs when she fills in, but i dont see a height change at all.

I have two Brittanys, male and female from same parents,

two years apart. The female is very small about 30 pounds and

the male is 42 pounds. No fat on either dogs. Both stop growing at less than 12 months as I recall. Looking forward to bird season coming up. I am looking for one last run on the

red birds this year. Good luck to all.

My Britt stopped growing right around 12 months, then he filled out a little more. He weighs a very solid 43 pds. No fat. Good size for busting thru heavy cover.

Great post that I would like to add to-First my Brittany Luke runs 45- 40lbs and 23.5inches foot to shoulder and will be 4 on Sept 5th. He started hunting Quail in AZ and did a great job pointing, holding point, and retrieving. We moved to Mn and this will be his third season hunting pheasants, and so far so good. He continues to impress me almost every time we go out hunting, but there is one change that I really haven’t worked to correct yet, he wont retrieve like he used to I would say one out of every 5 birds he will retrieve maybe they are just to big:{. Brits hunt close so he always gets the birds and won’t let them get away; maybe I enable him because I am always running to help him out making sure we always get the roster? Another question would be when and if it comes time for another dog would it be a Brittany or would you try another breed. I have two very young kids so the dog would have to be very friendly like Luke.