• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

most disguesting food you have ever eaten?

CALVINIST

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One time at work someone brought in a green tomato pie for a treat. 1 guy ate the whole thing, the rest of us tossed the tiny forkful we tried. Horrible beyond description.

I've never actually tasted a fart, but if I had, I'd imagine that is what it would taste like.

DD

I was hospitalized 5 days with a bout of diverticulitis last year. This is an inflammation of the large intestine - lucky me. Anyway, no real food for four days - all IV - while in the hospital - on the 5th day in the hospital, they started me back on real food with a cup of chicken bullion and jello. I was so goldarn hungry I couldn't wait - jello was gone in a flash, but the bullion, which smelled great, was horrible! It tasted just like a wet golden retriever smells after a duck hunt in the loon ___! But, I was so hungry I drank it anyway - cannot to this day eat any kind of bullion or broth without gagging a bit first - the horror!

Having served 10 years in the Navy, I travelled all around the world, many times. I always tried the local foods while overseas.

Hands down, no question, the absolute most disgusting and ishy thing out there is Beloot. I probably spelled that wrong. I had it in the Phillipines and boy howdy, is that gross. I don't really know how to explain it. It's a fried egg, kind of, that has a porting of the bird embryo attatched to the yoke, mixed with some stuff that I can't even begin to describe the ishyness of.

I have a pretty iron stomach, but that was truely nasty.

HH, I did get an Asian Bettle in my mouth gaurd once while playing football, went to put it in and bit down on it, it was so terrible I had to walk off the feild.

BG, that sounds pretty bad, I wouldn't have been able to even try it.

I agree with walleyeking19 100%!!!

One of the best parts of spring is being able to buy bags of black licorice jelly beans in a bag all by themselves. No other color rates this honor, although my wife says it's because nobody wants them in with the other colors. The debate rages on every year.

I will agree with coach dog about the olives, though. Yuck.

DD

I agree hoggs; too many of them delicious little black jelly beans will turn your system grass green, just like you've been eating in a pasture. Just one of those mysteries of nature.

DD

Lutefisk smells worse than it tastes, It's realy quite good. Butter and a white sauce over it, maybe a little pepper if you like. Mmmmm! A holiday favorite!

"hooks"

Sorry but I can't get past the smell. There's just too many good foods out there for me to be trying rancid cod. sick

I do like gas station burritos and smoked oysters,a couple of items mentioned on here.

Back in my younger days I was invited to my new girlfriends parents for Easter dinner. I knew she was a bad a cooking but we were young so I never gave a second thought that she might have learned it ALL from her mom. It was a roast beef dinner with all the fixings and there was nothing made even close to right and the only thing that tasted close to what it should have was the mashed potatoes. The gravy was brown water and the green beans had somethings mixed up with them but I really could not tell what it was (not mushroom soup or swiss cheese) and then came desert and I did not reconize the pie but just to be gracious I tried a slice but still never really knew what I was eating. The good part was I never got sick and the relationship did not last long thank goodness. Just so you know my mom was from a large farm family and she was the oldest so she learned to cook at a young age and our family consisted of 6 boys and 1 girl so she never got out of the kitchen but NONE of use are fussy eaters but do know when food is cooked right. Worst meal my mom would cook was riced potatoes with stewed tomatoes over the top. If we had that you knew we did not have much money that week cause there was no meat on the table.

Worst meal my mom would cook was riced potatoes with stewed tomatoes over the top. If we had that you knew we did not have much money that week cause there was no meat on the table.

My Mom made stewed tomatos with dried bread crumbs on top..we never knew better either.

Quote:
My Mom made stewed tomatos with dried bread crumbs on top..we never knew better either.

Glad to see it wasn't just are family. The funny or sad part was that mom and dad I think really liked it. Blame it on the dirty 30s. when everyone was poor.