• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

most disguesting food you have ever eaten?

CALVINIST

Lutefisk smells worse than it tastes, It's realy quite good. Butter and a white sauce over it, maybe a little pepper if you like. Mmmmm! A holiday favorite!

I will not eat anyting with Pineapple in it and I hate raisins as well sick

Maybe that explains a liitle why I like Lutefisk crazygrin

"hooks"

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Durian is on the top of my do not eat list. If you want to cut down on the smell try eating it cold, or fill your nostrils with vicks before eating it. You know it's potent stuff when Thai airways bans Durian on its flights. BTW, there is a Durian candy available in the local Asian stores. Now, deep fried krill (tiny shrimp, some still alive) or ant eggs those can't be beat but I'll leave Durian alone.

We once had a power outage for almost 4 days...then I ate the warm liver sausage/braunschweiger from the fidge - almost went to the hospital as I was never so sick in my life...probably truly was food-poisoning and I NEVER want to experience that again. I shoulda known by the smell.

Which reminds me, any of you guyz ever have any bad tuna?

Lutefisk smells worse than it tastes, It's realy quite good. Butter and a white sauce over it, maybe a little pepper if you like. Mmmmm! A holiday favorite!

Said the man with no tastebuds.

Anyone ever remember Pier-1 imports many many years ago before they went politically correct? You could get some really off the wall food items in there. I remember kangaroo tail soup, shark fin soup, fried crickets, chocolate covered bugs like bumblebees and ants. I sure there were other weird things too.

Smoked carp- there is no second place. It was 2 parts fish slime one part liquid smoke. I consider not vomitting in front of my wifes family to be among my greatest accomplishments. I thought I was the butt of a really mean spirited joke until I saw other people eating it for real.

Don't be knockin' gas station burritos!!! LOL

I had a buddy that would come over and have a few beers every once in awhile after work. He would always stop at this little market and get a burrito called "The Bomb". Around an hour later, every single time, he would drop...."The Bomb"

I used to eat sardines and Oreo Cookies in college, made the girls squirm! Windy

Windy, now that just sounds nasty!

Food combos are another area to be explored. I like french toast, maple syrup and peanut butter. Very good, yet most people don't see it that way.

Anyone ever try Cuttlefish?

Cuttlefish is similar to a squid but with smaller tenticals. It is a traditional dish in Barcelona. I figured I had to try it while i was there a few summers ago.

They served it in a pan cooked with rice the cuttlefish tenticals and the ink from the fish. Everything was coated black with the ink with a small pool of ink at the bottom of the pan for good measure.

It was a little odd looking and knowing that I was going to be eating the ink from the fish but it really was good. They served it with a very mild garlic sauce you could dip it in.

I started that meal off with Beef Carpacio which is raw beef pounded paper thin. Also a little odd but extremely tasty.

Mmmm tasty little bugger

Cuttlefish.jpg

Squid, pea soup (or baby pooop soup as we call it), cow tongue, liver, pickels, green olives and cooked carrots!

None of them make me gag, but they get spit out pretty quickly. Only exception is pickels on a hamburger. I can stand maybe 2 slices.

I was given a couple of bear steaks so we thought we would grill them up while we where fishing at this resort. They tasted ok but you just could not chew them up so after 5 minutes of chewing I said forget it and decide to give to the resort dog who would anything and everything from chicken bones to oranges and he would not touch that bear meat and I have been a little reluctant to try it again myself.I have had octopus on pizza when I was in Italy and it was pretty good.