Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CALVINIST

most disguesting food you have ever eaten?

106 posts in this topic

I would have to say the asian fruit called Durian. My sister-in-law, who is Indonesian, loves this stuff and brought one to our house for Christmas one year for everyone to try. It has the texture of creamy custard but smells and tastes like dirty diapers that have been in the hamper too long, stinky garbage, with a little rotten flesh mixed in. I just about barfed eating it sick Asians love this stuff and practically worship it but western tastebuds can't handle it.

most salads are a no go for me. bring on the fish/duck add some veggies and a frosty to boot and I'm set

I know most will say I am nuts but the worst I have eaten are Tomato's can't stand them, 2nd would have to be those dried Banana chips.

I know most will say I am nuts but the worst I have eaten are Tomato's can't stand them, 2nd would have to be those dried Banana chips.

You are crazy.. I am sitting here thinking about my supper tonight, Tomatos on toast..mmm.

Worst food, water chestnuts. I can't eat anything that contains those.

"Lipiakulla"--I think you Norwegians call it "Lutefisk".

It's just a criminial way to treat cod fish.

Hands down cooked brocolli. I start gagging when get in the same building with it....

I watched an episode of "Bizare foods" with Andrew Zimern when he tried Durian. He said it was by far the worst thing he ever put in his mouth. He tried it again in the following year, no go.

I don't do the "orange food group". Sweet potatoes, yams, squash, pumpkin, carrots.

Sardine Pizza. Horrible. I managed a Pizza Hut back in the day and figured I should try it since a lot of folks ordered it. Never again!! sick

I.... it smells and tastes like dirty diapers that have been in the hamper too long, stinky garbage, with a little rotten flesh mixed in. I just about barfed eating it sick A

Something you which to share, Mr. Calvin? cool

What about Gammalost... Norwegian old cheese... it is about the same as what is in a diaper

Lutefisk hands down has to be the most rotten tasting food ever and the smell of that stuff is enough to make you gag.

For me it was squid. Like chewing a piece of rubber. Will never forget it.

The last time I ate a mushroom in a stir fry (I thought it was a water chestnut) I threw up in the garbage disposal. I also can't stand smoked oyesters. For some reason, you can't get that taste out of your mouth.

Cooked spinach, like eating something you just pulled off your fishing line.

Oatmeal!

I've eaten a lot of things and there are few that I would not eat again!

Chinese food...blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I do love Japanese food, though

Raw bacon is not near as good as cooked bacon.

Wax worms don't taste all that great.

Big thumbs up for goat meat though.

Head cheese is the best.

I'll second Lutefisk.

*shudder*

In college, a college buddy of mine came out of the kitchen with a fully cooked cow tongue hanging out of his mouth....

Funny I never tried lutefisk. I do want to try it though just to see if it is really that bad.