• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

schematics for a John Deer

Reef Runner

I used to be able to go to the John Deer web site and print out schematics for my lx188. Well now I can't seem to be able to do that. Currently my rider shuts down after about 30 minutes of running it. I think i need to put on a new carb, or at least try to clean it out. Any one have any ideas?

I think your problem is one of the safty switches, there are two, one under the seat and one on the mower switch. If either one of these is bad they will cut the voltage to the magnetic shut off on the bottom of the carb. and cut off the fuel supply. The one under the seat you can jumper across the two wires after it is unpluged to check if this switch is the cause of your trouble. Or as soon as the mower stops check for electric power where the wire fastens to the magnetic switch on the bottom of the carb. There is also a plastic moguale on the left side of the engine that gets soft and mushy from engine heat that will shut the engine down. Hope this helps.

Nothing sits like a deere. It seems like every other John Deere has the same problem. Here is the possibilites that aren't mentioned above.

1. Possibly the vent on the gas cap is clogged. You can try removing the gas cap to see if the problem goes away or clean the vent or replace the cap.

2. Delay module $15

3. Ingition moduel hope it's not this one because it's expensive right around $300 I believe. If it's this trade it off a get something that's made to last. This doesn't usually happen till after many hours. A good dealer will let you try out the part to see if this is the problem.

4. Carb/overheating problem

5.fuel filter or your tank filter not sure if the lx has a tank filter.

6. switch module flywheel

7. water temp module (if liquid cooled)

8. bad safety sitch

If it's not any of these I have some other ideas for yah.

No luck yet but I think I have it nailed down. I have noticed that my fuel filter empties real quick. I also have some sort of over flow valve on the carb that gas leaks out of. I have been told that it might be my float in the carb. well I am not the best at taking stuff apart and then get it back together again but I think I am going to give it a try. I still am not sure if I am going to try to re-build the carb or just replace it. That is why I would like some diagrams of it so I might have a shot in heck of putting it back together right. I am going to tare into this week.

Yes you might have a hole in the float. If you do it will fill up with gas and sink and the fuel will flow consistantly. I have brazed (sp) these many times. But i wouldn't think it would run good for a while and then quit if this was the problem. But I've been wrong before.

Well I got the carb off last night. LOL Good luck getting that back on!! Hopefully I won't have to many problems with it. I took lots of pictures incase I forgot what spring went where and what thingamado went into what thingamahole. I did find the HSOforum that had the schematics I was looking for. So that is a good thing. Today I am going to head down to the local dealer and see how much a re-build kit is verses and new one all together.