• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Late August Morson reports

73 degree water

walleyes still on the reefs

lots of wind but still got out

Water level dropping toward normal

No algae bloom yet? What's with that?

Another too-short trip with beautiful weather. Hot on shore but wind on lake kept it nice. Lots of biting flys however.

The 'eyes are still on the reefs! We caught many Saturday afternoon (unitl some RUBE anchored in the middle of my trolling run!) and Sunday morning on classic reefs. Found a new (for me) reef that was very productive! And very few snags.

Again, nothing over 24 inches (having a slow year for big fish) but we had fast action on crawlers and gold spinners on bouncers.

Also made a few passes on a windy point and caught some nice walleyes there.

Once again, live crawlers were better than 2x as good as Gulp crawlers. I think the Gulp crawlers are too stiff or something, very little action as opposed to the Gulp twister trails or a live crawler.

Big wind Saturday calmed down to flat by the trip home and the 2 year old fell asleep in the boat. Bigger wind on sunday late morning and our boat trip up northwest got canceled, 20 mph out of the west, just too rough. Found a semi-sheltered reef and did great, then found a beautiful sand beach protected from the wind and had a picnic. Nice warm water for swimming!!

Back up for Labor Day when the Benelli may get a chance to bark for honkers!

Take care all

P.S. http://www.morsonbass.com/www.morsonbass.com/?q=node/18

Link to Morson bass invitational results. Took nearly 32 pounds (10 fish) to win this year. They did well despite the wind.

Fastkaw,

I didn't fish it. I just don't have time to pre-fish enough to make a run at contention. I have a buddy who fishes it and knows the lake REALLY well and still doesn't break into the money, so I don't feel like wasting an entry fee. Money better spent on decoys or something! I'm not big on contests anyhow, I fish to relax... contests make me nervous!

But I thought folks might like to see how many big bass they are getting.

Some of the smallies were in less than 2 feet of water, btw...

Take care

WT

Thanks for the report by the way.

I know what you mean about relax + fishing. They go hand an hand in my book.

I think if I had to worry about the next fish I HAD to catch Id go hunting to.

A friend won that tournament a couple of years ago. With my baits.

Made my head a little big I think!

Thanks

Hey guys, any NEW reports?

I saw on another HSOforum that the walleyes are still hammering on the reefs! Just hoping that stays true a few more days. We're heading up Friday.

Get to uncase the Benelli on Monday for honkers! The best time of year has arrived!!

I was up, but didn't get out much (stupid wind).

I need some lessons. I can't seem to figure those fish out. Maybe it's because I never make it out to those reefs, but there has to be fish elsewhere! I Shouldn't have to ride 30 minutes to catch a walleye, should I?

Tmann

I'm not sure of your question.

Where are you starting out? You shouldn't have to go more than 5 or 10 minutes to find fish, if that... There are reefs within a mile of most Morson places where there are walleyes. Check some of the past reports. Not just reefs, but rocky points. They should be in current from now on, too, all Fall. Narrows between islands... and try weeds.

I have been watching the wind reports and saw several days over the past 10 days where it was howling. Those trips do suck... but not much we can do about it. This has been the windiest summer I can recall up there... even days where we do get out, there's a ton of whitecaps...

Take care and keep trying!!

WT

(Hey B-dude: Five days until geese, 13 days 'till ducks!!!)

I have a friend who should be on the Lake as I write this. Hope to get a report tonight from him. I will be up next Thursday - Sunday. Then it's off to Manitoba on the 19th for duck and goose hunting on the prairie!

Heading up for a few days. Labor Day is traditionally been a time for transition - this year will be interesting. It's supposed to be warm - but, again, very windy. With the crew we have this weekend, I doubt I'll get out to the reefs, so we'll be looking towards more (sheltered) Fall spots. Back up a few times after this weekend for blues and walleyes.