• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Boat.......Need Trolling Motor Suggestions

huntingislife

I just picked up a 2025 Pro-V and need a bowmount for it. I would prefer a MK Powerdrive as that is what I have had on all my boats but it looks like they dont make one big enough. What do you prefer between the Maxxum and the Terrova and why? Thanks for the help guys.

If you like the PowerDrive then you will probably like the Terrova too. Very similar stow and deploy mechanism, same type of electric-drive steering, etc. The biggest difference betweeen the PowerDrive and the Terrova is the foot pedal, I actually prefer the smaller PowerDrive pedal.

The Maxxum will be quite a bit different - different stow and deploy mechanism (I like it better), cable-driven so quicker steering response, large foot pedal on a short cable that is always on your bow platform.

Universal sonar is available on both the Terrova and the Maxxum. Co-Pilot and AutoPilot is only avaialable on the Terrova.

Hope this helps. Congrats on the new boat.

Pro Fishing Supply Bow Mount Trolling Motors

most bass fisherman on here like the maxxum becuase because of the instant turning ability (cable driven) and most of the other fisherman like the terrova ( new name for power drive) If you want auto pilot I believe you are stuck with terrova. I always tell myself if you buy something might as well go big you might need it. if you dont use all the power the batteries will just last longer. good luck with the new boat and hope you find a trolling motor

Thanks for the reply. What lb thrust should I be looking at for a minimum? I was thinking of just going with a 101.

101 is a 36 volt motor, you'd need 3 deep cycle batteries to run it. If you've got the space and want that many batteries ..... well, you can never have too much power. Although my guess is that you'd almost never need all that power although that really depends on where and how you fish (ie. big wind and waves, or calm water) and for how long.

Otherwise the biggest 24 volt motos would be fine on your boat too.

If your boat is wired for a 36V motor go with the 101. A bit more $$ and you need an extra battery but I don't know anyone who's ever said, "I wish I had less power and I wish the batteries died sooner." It sounds like I'm being a smart**s but with the size boat you have it will take a bit more to control and pull the boat, especially if you are in any waves. Congrats on the new rig - post pictures.