• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

North American Hunting Club

Tom7227

Does anybody know what this really is? I received a packet of information asking me if I wanted to test equipment and then be able to keep it for free. Sounds like something dad told me about things that sound too good to be true. Anyone tried it? Who are they?

I am actually a life member of the hunting club. It was cheap to do so I had money and did it. You actually do get to test stuff and keep it but you have to call and request to be put on the list for it and then when you are do you have to fill out a small report on the likes and dislikes about it. I have gotten flashlights, hunting socks, boot covers, and even a gun sling.

Froggy

I am a member of North American Hunting Club too. So far no testing, but that was not really why I joined. They almost seem more like a book club, with all the books they send me, but that is ok, becuase all my hunting books are getting old.

I will try it for the year, and see about next year.

Cheap to join, and they send you some good offers.

I am a life member also. DId not like the books coming all the time, so was taken off the list. I have never tested products, but have not asked to either. I have ordered some pretty nice stuff through them [knives,gloves ect.]

Also a life member, have tested a few things for free. Some scent, have some insect repellent I'm supposed to go pickup to test. The items won't be guns or anything that costs much. You'll get plenty of offers for free previews of gear that you can then buy, like backpacks, clothing, that type of thing. I tried one, didn't care for it & sent it back, no hassle.

they reel u in with all the free stuff just for been member then they tell how good it is to be life member and thats its free when its not then they start sending u books the worst part is most of the free stuff is china $hit!!!!!!

i had gotten some of the scent stuff, but got more food seasoning to "test" some of them were pretty good, but i got out of that once they started sending the books as well, i kept the first one or two, but then it got a little excessive, it wasn't a problem getting taken off this list though, when ya send it back, ya check the box saying ya dont want them anymore and thats the end of it, the magazines keep coming.

Just got a book today.... Man they pepper you with stuff. I would actually like a few new hunting book, but these guys look like they are hunting in late 80's or mid 90's. All their hunting gear looks old, and dated. And, they want 27 bucks for this book, when I can get more useful information on this site on deer hunting, archery, or heck making salsa.

I am going to start sending these books back.

I also received a pocket knife, to test. Seem decent quality, but I doubt it will hold an edge long.

Same here, life member with North American Hunting Club. The magazine is good, but I just got a calendar in the mail yesterday ($20 something dollars if I want to keep it). I've tested a couple knives, scent stuff and a battery powered LED collapsable lantern. The lantern was actually decent and I use it elk hunting for the 12x12 tent. Would I join again if I had the chance........not sure....

I joined because I thought it sounded great, but won't do it again. I liked the first book, then on the 2nd told them to take me off the list, they didn't. Once the books got done, here come the DVD's. They never said to test stuff you have to call, in fact I already filled out a form. I haven't been sent anything to be tested. Kind of a money sucking scam I think.

Yeah, I did not like the 2nd book either. Very old looking photos, and old gear. They were talking about calling the State office to purchase aerial photography!!!! Hello....can you say google map?

I am not going to renew my membership. I would rather give my money towards the NRA, and receive nothing.