• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cuddeback Expert Troubles

Kyler

Has anyone ever had troubles with their Cuddeback Expert not detecting motion sometimes? It is like it locks up and won't detect anything after working fine for a few days. After a few days of not working, it kicks back in to gear and functions fine (although I have to have it on High Sensitivity). I am trying to figure out if there is a master reset you can perform just to make sure I didn't screw up a setting when I was playing around with it.

It is only about 16 months old and I have probably had it in the woods about 20% of that time so it is not like it has been overly used or abused.

Thanks for any input!!

I had an expert last summer. It never worked right. The batteries would drain in a week. It wouldn't take pictures half the time. I sent it back twice to get fixed. After I got it back the second time, it got stolen.

My expert had similar battery issues. Sent it in, been working better but not up to as advertised. Also had a varmint chew off the lens cover that they fixed then.

Go their HSOforum they have instructions on how to get service.

I won mine at a QDMA banqet last spring so at least I can sleep well knowing it only cost me $20 for a raffle ticket. When it actually works, the pictures are very good quality. Not much fun to put it out for a week and then going to get it and finding the feeder empty and 2 pictures (one of which was me trying to get it to work before I put it out).

Her leg was busted last October roughly. I thought she was a goner and look who shows up a few weeks back. I got a few more pics of her. She doesnt appear to have any fawns from the pics I got.

AS,

What do they cost? Sky is the limit. Do a low end one, with a cheapo camera, and mid $100 area. Some of the newer cameras out are becoming favorites, and you can spend $200-$300 easily. But you get a 7-8 mp camera, and you talk about pics! WoW!

But for me, I dont need poster quality pics. So my 3-4 Mp set ups are just fine.

I dont think you are going to learn anything in the homebrewing that will help you fix a commercially made camera.

BLB,

I think after building a home brew I'm guessing I could fix the home brew myself or at least attempt to. I think my wife spent like $350 on the Cuddy and I only got one real season out of it. Kind of frustrating.

I'm not interested in scoring a buck down to the eighth of an inch so a 3-4MP would be plenty good. I don't care if he'll score 150 or 155, I'd just call him a shooter. smile

I think I'll have to try and build one after the season is over and see how it goes.

Nice pic. My cuddy takes similar quality but is a bit flakey. Been in the woods two weeks now, anyone wanna bet I have any battery life left? grin Will find out Thursday.

My 3mp Cuddy against a 5mp Stealth Cam, the cuddy pics are far better for some reason. Must be the lens.

I see Cuddy has a new one out, the "Capture". Looks like it may be a replacement for the Exite??