• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Starting to get Ideas for the Hard Season!!!

bassNspear

Ya i know its not even September, but I think its only right for use to start talking about where we are going to do the 2 get togethers this year. I know we had a post that we were talking about it. Lets get some ideas, and ill add the lakes into a poll in the middle of October, and we will go from there.

So start shooting out lakes, and we can get them on a roll. Please copy them over, so we can keep it simple for people to see what we have suggested for lakes. Copy the lakes and numbers please.

1. Winnie

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to do some research.

A clear lake,

Stocked with walleye in the last 3 years,

Near the metro,

With good structure,

Hummm... off to the lake finder

Or we could just pin BNS down and I could sit on him until he gives up one of his "secret" lakes.grin

P.S. This year it is steak on the menu... not sushi like last year.lol

i really think we should try maple lake by the town of maple lake. theres a dnr sign on the acess off of hwy 55 that says please take your limit of nords. if thats not an invite i dont know what is. just my .02 cents worth.

For the out of the metro choice:

I vote for Lake Winnibigoshish in Dec or very early Jan.

There are many resorts there that rent dark houses

Get a bunch together of people together and rent a cabin.

People could have their choice of renting a heated predrilled darkhouse or bring your own darkhouse.

Bunk up with others or rent your own cabin.

Do a google search for Lake Winnibigoshish darkhouse rental and there are quite a few that come up.

I like merkmans Idea, make a weekend of it. have a big BBQ on the lake or at the resort. I was thinking of BBQing a hind quarter of venison any ways.

I also am going to take up the offer the DNR posted at maple lake this winter.

i agree, staying there should be first option. id have a tough decision to make, we have a cabin 40 minutes away from highbanks and we go threw there when we fish winnie during hard water season.

if i would outright own the place i would of suggested it right away but seeing as my mother pays most the expenses shes still the boss and we all wouldnt like her answer. NO! sorry man. frown