Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jordyn Kaufer

anyone willing to help me?

12 posts in this topic

does anyone hsve some old fishing gear or supplies that they'd like to give to me?

Thanks,

YFG

I have some old Zebco's on old stiff rods that are collecting dust...

If you can make your way to Lakeville during a weekday or Saturday, you can have all 3 of them.

what are you looking for? From your posts it sounded like you were all set up in your discussions, just wondering what you are in need of?

jigs.

i never know what to get or color or anything like that.

And all of my raps aren't the greatest.

they're all pretty old and don't make as much noise/movement as the newer stuff.

but yeah i have all the stuff but just not enough of it.

-only have 4-5 bottom bouncers

-not many spinners

-just not much accessories for the lindy rigs like beeds, swivels, etc.

well as far as colors I have every combination that may or may not work in the smallest sizes up to 3/8oz...I know when I started out I could barely fill a 3 compartment tackle box, but with experience and time and hard work I have been able to add to my arsenal, good luck on your search, sounds like you have everything you need. My rule of thumb was if I couldn't catch fish on my starter stuff, tackle, line, rods, reels, ect...the newer, possibly better, and high end stuff was certainly not going to help...not sure how many folks on here are willing to give stuff away, but you may also want to check c list as there is a free section there

ya..

the problem is, is that none of my stuff has been catching fish..

Pretty much what you need is a decent rod, some weights, hooks and line. You should be able to catch fish with that. Right now is a hard time of year to fish. In the next few weeks it's going to start picking up. We trolled a ton of different cranks this weekend and didn't have a ton to show. Tried riggin' and jiggin' and not much there. Just a bunch of tight lips. The biggest suggestion I would have for you is to buy a little at a time, look for used items (I know Matt Johnson has good used cranks pretty cheap on the for sale forum) and see what works for you.

Ask for tackle or sports store gift cards for Christmas, Birthday and whatever. You can build a great arsanal with that.

Send me a e-mail and Ill send you some spinners I make up. Pull them behind a bottom bouncer at .80-1.5mph and you will catch fish. walleyes4me32@aol.com

YFG if you send me a email boborlo1@hbci.com i have some 3/8-1/2 once jigs i would be willing to send you since i do pour my own and have way more then enough.

I have quite a few cranks most with little or no use from my walleye days. I would be happy to give some to you. Where would you like me to send them ?

to my house would be fine.

Just email me at [YouNeedAuthorization] at hotmail dot com