Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bae501

Help me age these bucks....

31 posts in this topic

Please help me age these bucks.

Buck #1

023.jpg

Buck #2

058.jpg

Buck #3

071.jpg

Buck #4

085.jpg

First two are yearlings and the last two are year and a halfers? At least by Nebraska standards. You have some nice deer coming your way.

I think the first three will be 1 1/2 yrs this fall, and last one 2 1/2.

Fawn is a fawn and a yearling is 1 1/2 years old. First 3 are yearlings with the third being an early birth and the fourth is 2 1/2.

Nice pics.

I agree with prov none of these deer are older than year and a half.

I would say they are all year and halfers. When you look at the body, there are no appreciable differences. I would say that the last deer has good potential as he is sporting a decent rack for 1.5 years, but I dont think he is 2.5 due to body size/configuration and rack.

i would say the last one is 2.5 and the first ones are 1.5.

The last one is older than the first two. Look at his front shoulders, they are bigger than his hind quarters.

I would say they all would be in the year and a half range with the last maybe 2 years at best

First three will be 1.5 year olds this fall, last one will be 2.5 years old this fall.

1-3 I would say are year and a half, #4 could go either way but looks to be two and a half at the oldest.

Without a doubt, 1.5 year old deer!!!!

I agree with most here, the first three are 1.5's and that last one is a 2.5.

Theyre all 1 1/2 year olds. The last one was probably born in May when it was supposed to be... the others were late born fawns to late bred mothers and are just a few monthes behing in development. In another year they will most likely all be equals.... the last one may have a little more potential. But any 2 1/2 in Minnesota should be looking better than that.

A good crop to look for in upcoming years.

without a doubt the last one is older. like DonBo said his front shoulders are bigger than his hind quarters

The last one sure looks like a 2 1/2 year-old to me. He's enough bigger & his rack's started to widen out like they usually do as a two year-old. He could have been a later fawn from two years ago possibly.

I agree the others are different ages of yearlings, their body size could even depend on if they were a single fawn vs. a twin or triplet.

i say the first three are 1.5. and the last one is a 2.5 because his bases are thicker.