• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2004 Honda Odyssey Belts

I know the main belt has a tensioner that I need to buy a torx head for. Does anyone know what size? Where is the tensioner for the AC belt? I looked but couldn't find it. I don't think it has a tensioner like the main belt but there must be a bolt or something to loosen to get the AC belt off.

V-6?

The power steering pump is on its own belt. You will loosen one mounting bolt and one nut for the pump then look kind of behind it and there will be a bolt with nut sitting vertical. That is the adjusting nut.

The other belt has a hydraulic belt tensioner deal and if I remember right there is a spot near or on the bracket assembly for either a 17 or 18mm wrench or socket with a long handle breaker bar if there is room. You will have to push like there is no tomorrow to get the tensioner to move.

honda.jpg

I think you have to pull the motor mount to change the P/S belt also.

How many miles are on the van I very rarely change belts on these before 105,000 miles and then they get changed with the timing belt and a lot of them probably don't need replaced then either just cheap insurance since they come off anyways.