• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kimble Golf Club

a47mlb

Just got back from playing Kimble. Wow, what a tough course. It has some really neat holes, that seem to be better to just look at, than play. smile I had played it once back in '95, but I didn't remember it being that tough.

If you think, "You're da man", play this course. Very humbling.

You mean the Kimball Golf Course right?

I love playing golf there. It is indeed a difficult course with all the different hills and slopes and water hazards. Love the hole with the island grenn (I want to say hole 15?)

Can't say I've ever shot below 100 there before grin. I am sloppy on the greens though.

Just surfing the golf posts for a change...Saw Kimball...Was a member out there 10 years ago. Haven't been there in at least 8. Don't get that way much anymore. Are the greens still nice? I usually walked away hating it or loving it. Pretty cool course though. Couple funky holes, but kinda expect that with the terrain. Shot the best round of my life out there. Won't say what cause you guys wouldn't believe it anyway. Be fun to go back again to check it out.

I played Grey Stone up in Sauk Centre Sunday for the first time. $25 after 4 PM, which includes cart. Real nice course and the greens were smokin'!! Very fast. The wind was kranking and made the upwind holes pretty tough. But it also made the downwind holes pretty fun.

I usually play courses based on the condition of their greens. The faster the better, and that usually means they're in good shape, too. Kimball's used to be really nice when i played there back then.

Most were in good shape but the 13th was really rough when we were there Sunday. It wasn't that way a few weeks ago. Definitely our favorite course with a a lot beautiful holes to play. we usually play it a dozen or so times a summer.