• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gray Fox returns for more goodys

This fox just can't get enough bird seed or mice and even some cat food. This time I was able to set up my blind and get a few good shots but this guy is tough to shoot because he only has one eye and he is always moving his head to see whats making ANY noise. He really hates loud Harleys and heads right to the woods when they come by.

IMG_2927pp.jpg

IMG_2930pp.jpg

IMG_2936pp.jpg

IMG_2948pp.jpg

IMG_2986pp.jpg

IMG_2998pp.jpg

IMG_3007pp.jpg

IMG_3043pp.jpg

Jim, I'm happy to see you were ready this time. You nailed "ole one-eye" for sure. gringrin

You also did well to get these as sharp as you were able. I'm looking at exif data and seeing shutter speeds ranging from 1/50 down to 1/15 sec, and at 400mm, even with image stabilization, that's a tough order. Were you handheld or did you shoot from a tripod?

The third one works best for me. Nicely balanced environmental portrait. I like the first one too. Looks like he's dropping you a wink in that one. The eye contact (no pun intended on the singular "eye") on the last one also is great.

At first, I thought he was winking at you. wink You got some nice shots here. I have to agree with Steve, the third one is tops. Everything comes together in that one. I would love to have been there with you. Thanks for sharing the photos of the poor fox.

BTW, I hate the sound of Harley's too. I would have followed him into the woods. grin

Steve the first two shots I took while leaning on a telephone pole and the third I was laying on the ground and the rest I shot with a tripod. Dan the fox will survive a long time as long as I keep feeding him bird seed and cat food grin