• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clonk?????

True

I have to laugh...the name...the use of it. ROTFLMAO!

You don't want to bang it on your boat. It's basically a stick, but somebody trademark the name or something. So they shaped the end of the stick into a round disc, so that when you strike the water surface with the disc and drive it down, it makes a nice "clonk" water sound. Like running a really big popper, you get that "plooomp" sound. And then your suppose to stir the stick around and make some boil. There's suppose to be some method or rhythm to it.

The sound doesn't draw them in. But it's suppose to get them to feed.

My theory is that when you make baitfish nervous...predators take opportunity and munch on them. Like sleeping baitfish on bottom and you make a loud noise, like tapping on glass aquarim, the baitfish squirm a little and reveal themselves to predators. That's as far as I'm going to say about theory...

Using a Clonk to catch a Flathead is like using Chewing Tobacco to catch a Channel.

Will it work?

Of course it will. If I’m at a particular spot Clonking (won’t ever happen) and I catch a fish. How do you prove that it worked?

I bet I’ve “relieved myself” at just about every spot I’ve caught a fish at. Well I guess I better start bottling the stuff, cuz man it sure must work. smirk

If the fish are hungry and want to eat, they will eat. I don’t think there is anything that we can do to get them in the mood.

You guys go ahead though, it’s great entertainment watching others do it.

I bet I’ve “relieved myself” at just about every spot I’ve caught a fish at. Well I guess I better start bottling the stuff, cuz man it sure must work. smirk

Bottled pee...that's a great idea. Cheap inventory replenishment too.

I like guys who are adamant about not using it. Yeah, I am a sucker for a gimmick or anything that will entertain me while still fishing. A clonk and beer are an outstanding combination and I do need to get another one. I don't have much to say about it other than it doesn't hurt. Oh, and the other 2 links the guys are doing it properly. I never under stood the directions or knew what sound I was looking for until I watched them.

Shack, long story short. Left it out in the yard at my brother's cabin where we have never had trouble. They had to come up on shore up a hill to do it. The neighbors had some rod and reels swiped as well. What I wouldn't give to see the look on his face when he pulled it out of the box!