• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lots of smaller muskies in the 30-40 inch range....but not many huge ones come out of the lake. There is a lot of pressure on weekends with lots of recreation traffic as well.

Bass has good action again you are not going to find huge fish on the lake but plenty of 1-3 pounders to keep you busy.

I havent been up there since late August and at that point the fishing wasnt real good. I'm sure it has gotten better since, but I couldnt tell you. Good luck and let us know how you do. If the weeds are down, I might have to make a trip home and try some for some muskies up there in the next couple weeks.

A little late...but plenty of trucks are driving out. The drive an access is a tad east of the boat landing to avoid the springs. I got into a bunch of perch on monday, lots of numbers but not much size...ended up keeping 6 10"+ on Monday.

I was out late Sunday afternoon and got into a few perch in deeper water (25 FOW). They were biting real good when I first got there but slowed as dark approached. Some were in that 10" area so I kept five for dinner. I was using green glow demon and spikes. Ice/snow was ok for driving.

Ice is good with not much snow. Perch bite has been o.k. with some crappies if you hang out after dark. If you are only out for a short time try around the some of the perms in 10-35 fow for perch. If you want to find a school for yourself drill hole along the north shore (on center of lake) along the bottom break (30+ fow). If going this route it will be a lot of work but once you find an active school over a bug bed you will not be disapointed! For a few crappies, go into the center of the lake near the perms in 35 fow after sunset. (you might catch one or two before dark along with a perch) It can be a fun lake to fish, just gotta find em' smile

Here's a pic of an 11 1/2" CPR'd on Monday! Go get her!

P1080408.jpg

i know its still a late ice season but this warm weather get me all itching for open water.. i m think about fish deer lake and its area during wisc muskie opener. is deer lake get pounded hard during the muskie opener? what is the water's clarity? any good general area to hit? thanks.

matty

Well, seeing as though Muskie opener in Wisconsin is Memorial Day Weekend (for the north anyway) Deer will be awfully busy on the weekend and not just from fisherman (should be good during the week though if that's when you plan on fishing).

As far as water clarity Deer is one of the clearer in the area. Secchi readings early on are better than 20 feet, so if you throw anything bright in color you should be able to watch it from the end of your cast all the way to boatside on a calmer day.

As far as fishing it pretty straight-forward. The weedline along the west shore is probably where every muskie fisherman starts. There's a few humps in the northwest part of the main basin worth a few tosses, as well as a sandbar in the southeast. Don't overlook throwing docks as that can be produce as well.

They will all be busy that weekend. Try and fish it during the week. If not be there at sunrise or earlier. By 10am that lake will be rocking. All those lakes draw alot of muskie guy's from MN, seeing as there season doesn't open for another month. Good luck.