• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

memory card problem

Ryan_V

Question

was on vacatation last week. a week into it, one of our digital cameras said "memory card error" and wouldn't take pictures or view the ones already on the card. Of course there were several pictures on the card already. is there any way or any place I can take it to have a chance of recovering the pictures?? I put the card in my computer and it does nothing. they were really good family vacation pictures that I want to recover if possible. good thing we had both cameras, so we were able to use the other the last couple days.

thanks

5 answers to this question

try searching for memory card recovery on google. i am trying

to recover files from a external hard drive that is corrupted.

seen a lot of progams that say they can do it to a memory card.

good luck!

randy

A very good recovery software for picture recovery is Rescue Pro by Sandisk. Comes included with SanDisk Extreme memory cards. I've done a few tests were I deleted the pictures from the card and then formatted the card over that twice and this program recovered all the shots, multiple times on multiple cards. I believe its available for download on their site.