• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need older version of Photoshop

Can anyone give me some direction? Have an older PC (Windows ME) that has been delegated to the basement. Would like to install Photoshop, but everything on the shelves requires XP or Vista.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hmmmm, not sure which PS version that is. When was your computer brand new? Or rather, how old is it? I've been using PS pretty hard for five years (starting with PS 5 at the newspaper and jumping to CS and now CS2 at home), my wife since the first PS program came out.

I have an unused, unopened version of PS Elements (I think it's Elements 2 or 3) that came with one of my digital cameras a few years back. Are you looking for Elements or the full-blown PS?

Computer was new in 2000. ME was a very problematic system that led to Windows 2000.

Don't need full PS I guess. Probably wouldn't know the difference to be honest with you.

If your version is unopened, it probably says right on the box what OS it will be compatable with.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Well, this either came with my 20D back in 2004 or with the newspaper's DRebel in 2003.

It's just a CD in a clear plastic wrap, and it doesn't say anything about which OS version it works with.

I'll see if I can find out if they are compatible and will let you know.

I found out it's compatible as far back at least as Windows 98, so I imagine it'll work with ME, which probably is a bit later than that since you bought the unit in 2000.

Shoot me an e-mail with your addy and I'll drop it in the mail. My e-mail, as always, is in my sig below.

I would think if it works on XP it would work with ME! Although the older Hardware may may make the Program run slow but it should work.

I have friends still running ME and I know I have XP type programs running on their machines.

I'll dig through my old sofware and see if I can't find something!