• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hunting shows and Safety?

mrklean

I love watching hunting shows i have for years but has anyone else noticed how poor their safety is on these shows. I was watching a show last night and lost count how many times this guy had his loaded gun pointed at someone. Its nuts to think they are professionals at what they do but they ignor some of the basic safety issues. I guess that was a little rant to see if anyone else noticed this.

the guys who are turkey hunting and go running H-Bent for election after a turkey that's already anchored are some others that have no regard for safety.

Not really a safety issue, but I can't figure out the guys who drop a deer in plain site and come back 12 hours later to pick it up. Should be good and tender after the guts bake inside. That's if the coyotes don't get them first.

As for leaving the deer lay - all they care about is the antlers. I swear I saw a guy shoot a turkey with a cow standing behind it. That cow sure jumped. I was dissapointed because as show was put on by a turkey federation. If you watch the South Dakota pheasant shows sometimes the bird gets up and the guide hits the deck must be from past experiences.

Not so much on the safety, but they really need a hunting show for the "common" guy. Almost all the time they are in a prime location, with 6 months of digital scouting camera photos, a 1 sweet food plot, or they are hunting at through an outfitter.

Granted, they are filming for tv, but do still.

Ohhh well I will still watch...

I like the shows were they have some young kid, disabled hunter, or a regular guy on the hunt of a lifetime. I was watching a show were a guy shot a small buck somewhere in canada. At first I was wondering why he shot such a small deer but after seeing his excitement and he started crying I understood why.